Could this be PCOS?

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Could this be PCOS?

Postby Mediocrity » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:04 am

Just after some opinions please ....

Last week I was struck with severe abdominal pain and I mean severe ( on a par with childbirth, paralysing pain) and a bloated abdomen.

After two visits to A &E I was diagnosed with kidney stones and given strong painkillers to manage the pain. The extreme pain lasted for 4 days. I am now left feeling bruised and tender.

I was sent for an ultrasound where they couldn't find any evidence of kidney stones but the sonograger over asked me if I had polycistic ovaries (whilst scanning my ovaries?)

She refused to give me any more info saying she would send a report to my GP of her findings in about a week.

i just wondered if that level of pain was possible from PCOS?

Also wanted to point out that this occurred on day 5 of my period when I still had very light bleeding / spotting.
Mediocrity

Re: Could this be PCOS?

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:03 am

No but it could be from endometriosis as extreme pain is not generally caused by pcos but can with endo - I would go back to your GP and ask to be referred to an endocrinologist for further investigation. There is a link between pcos and endo as well and it is not uncommon to have both conditions. Endocrinologist treats both pcos and endo so dont let the GP fob you off and send you to a gynae!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Could this be PCOS?

Postby Mediocrity » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

Fabulous, thanks for your help!
I am awaiting my ultrasound results and will then go back to my GP
Mediocrity

Return to Verity Cafe