Pocs and trying for a baby

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pocs and trying for a baby

Postby Rocket dog 1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:23 pm

I have been diagnosed with pocs and I am trying for a baby 13 months now, I see the fertility clinic on Monday and I need to think of questions to ask him, I have very painful and irregular periods.
Rocket dog 1

Re: Pocs and trying for a baby

Postby Hols969 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Has your partner been tested too as 1/3 of fertility issues are now men.

My recommended route would be to have a laparoscopy (have your cysts zapped and your tubes checked) as this may well kick start your body, if it doesn't then clomid is usually the next option (clomid has a time limit of 9 months I think as it increases the risks staying on it longer), there is no point having clomid unless they know your tubes are clear !

Also don't focus on the periods too much as a period doesn't mean you are ovulating and you can ovulate without one.

I would look at fertilityfriends website and this advises how to check your temperature as it is the most accurate way of seeing if you ovulate as well. Don't waste your money on ovulation kits as they rarely work unless your periods are very regular.

I would (on a separate note) ask about endometriosis as this generally tends to cause pain rather than pcos.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe