newbie here

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

newbie here

Postby mummyto7 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:03 pm

hi im marie im 32 i have 3 children on earth and 4 in heaven i got sterlised almost 3 years ago since then had nothing but problems my dr finally refered me for bloods and a scan cos my tummy is so swollen my periods are all over the shop and i have constatant stomach pains my dr thinks its pcos as i ahve the facail hair too the scan has come back abnormal and dr is calling me on thursday to discuss results but it sound like thats what they found my question is has anyone else been told they have pcos after being sterlied also i no pco can reduce ya insilin levels i was dx type 2 diabetic in jan this year could these be linked??

thanks for reading x
mummyto7

Re: newbie here

Postby Hols969 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Pcos is not really an ovary issue but a hormonal imbalance so the name is misleading- insulin resistance and diabetes are linked to pcos as well. I would query endometriosis as well as pain is more associated with that rather than pcos. As to be referred to an endocrinologist as both can be discussed at the same time. It is not uncommon to have pcos and endo - write every thing you can think of to ask as well. Cysts are only a symptom and not the cause so cysts can come and go.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby mummyto7 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:58 pm

ty for that hunni endo make u have heavey bleeds tho dont it im the opposite ive gone from bleeding heavly for a week every 28 days to spotting 1 day every 6-8 weeks?
mummyto7

Postby Hols969 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:24 pm

No not necessarily, like pcos everyone has different issues, it's quite common with pcos as well
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby mummyto7 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:05 pm

oh well ill know know more once dr called me thursday to go over scan results my pelvic scan was abnormal but dr refered me for the scan as she thought it could be pcos ill update then x
mummyto7

Postby mummyto7 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:04 pm

scan shows large right ovary fatty liver and fibroid in womb more bloods next week and repeat scan in 4 weeks
mummyto7

Return to Verity Cafe