recently diagnosed, fearful of the future

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

recently diagnosed, fearful of the future

Postby AmyRiley95 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi! My name is Amy, i have just had my bloods done and been diagnosed!

This came as a massive surprise to me as i hadnt expected this, however now my symptoms of hair loss, weight gain, mood swings and the rest all seem to fit perfectly now. I am scare as i imagine many of you were/are about the future, i do want children in the not too distant future and i am so scare about this diagnosis. I am also struggling with this whole weird feeling of feeling like less of a women, i am engaged and i feel like ive let me fiance down!
I am waiting to have my scan but i was hoping for advise, maybe success stories, anything really to help me accept this as i have found the last few days very difficult and tear ones.
It would be nice to talk to people in the same boat as me!!
Much love
xoxo
Amy Riley
Bsc psychology student
'WHY DO WE FALL?'
..... So we can learn to pick ourselves up!!!
:)
AmyRiley95

Re: recently diagnosed, fearful of the future

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:33 pm

It is really rare not to conceive just due to pcos so try not to worry too much, for some they have no issues at all, whereas some just needs bit more help. There is loads of help out there. Get yourself and your partners diet as good as poss so cut out all white carbs and as much sugar as poss as this will help from a pcos point of view - 1/3 of fertility issues is not men so get your other half to be good as well
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: recently diagnosed, fearful of the future

Postby AshleighShannon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi There,

I'm new to this whole PCOS thing and in the same boat as you. I'm around 5'8" and about 10.5st, so BMI is normal. I have always had problems with my cycles, from not bleeding at all for months, to bleeding for 3 months straight with no interruptions. I have been begging my doctor to refer me to a gynecologist since October but she said she 'didn't have enough evidence to warrant a referral' (Even though my periods have never been regular since I started them when I was 12 and I had surgery for a cervical erosion when I was 18)... Eventually I took the bull by the horns and paid myself to go to a private clinic on Wednesday, and they confirmed I do have PCOS. I am absolutely heart broken, as my fiancé and I are planning our wedding and hoped to conceive just after, now the doctor is telling me I need to have my tubes flushed and go on Clomid for 6 months, and if that doesn't work it is the IVF route. I'm only 22, normal weight, no diabetes in the family, no fertility problems on mum or dads side of the family. I feel so sorry for my fiancé, I keep asking him if he is still sure he wants to marry me! Which he assures me he does! We are getting married next year, I feel like just starting the whole process now in case we are on waiting lists etc for years. I live in Northern Ireland and you are looking at a year and a half waiting list for anything that isn't urgent. I'd absolutely love to hear some success stories to cheer me up a bit also!

Thanks so much!

Ash
TTC since Oct 15 - stopped May 16
PCOS Diagnosed July 16 (10 years after first symptoms!)
Hoping to TTC again 2017
AshleighShannon

Return to Verity Cafe