New and confused

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New and confused

Postby Emilyrobinson7 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 am

Hiya, complete newbie alert here..

I'm 24, and a few days ago had to go for my ultrasound to check on my kidneys (polycystic kidneys run in my family)
Whilst I was being scanned the doctor sort of threw at me that they're were cysts on my ovaries and he was positive I have PCO.. So I need to get an internal scan ASAP.

As you can imagine I was a bit thrown and upset by this and am not really sure where to go from here. I'm 24, 58kg and 5"5 tall so completely within normal weight, exercise regularly have thick hair on my head but not growing hair anywhere else that would indicate it and don't have any acne bar a few spots here and there (normally If I've fallen asleep in my make up :lol: ) I have also been on the pill since I was 16 and no abnormal periods before that. And I had a internal ultrasound only 6 months ago and nothing was brought up about it then?! Very confused and more than a little scared as to what is going on. Can anyone help me understand all this?!
Emilyrobinson7

Return to Verity Cafe