Advice please. End of tether alert.

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Advice please. End of tether alert.

Postby Mallorynomad » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Right so I started periods when I was 16 and immediately had prolonged painful ones. Doctors were useless. When I was 19 I had one that lasted for over 6 months and was incredibly poorly. Sent me for ultrasound and turned out I had PCOS. They put me on utovlan and I've been on it ever since and I'm 25 now. In the meantime I have had various issues with ovaries and had more ultrasounds and been passed from pillar to post and told I haven't got PCOS then told I have got PCOS and pain when bending over started a year ago. Aparantly the cysts weren't big enough for them to do anything about. I'm currently trying to lose weight and failing miserably. Last week saw new gynaecologist who was mortified that I had been on utovlan for so long and told me to stop immediately but I explained that I have work and can't just have a ton of time off for bleeding. I'm so annoyed at my own GP for letting it get this far but also blame myself. Anyone had anything similar happen to them??
Mallorynomad

Re: Advice please. End of tether alert.

Postby Hols969 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:09 pm

I would ask to be checked for endometriosis as well - ask to be referred to an endocrinologist as they deal with both conditions
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe