Please read and help..scared about new developments today

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Please read and help..scared about new developments today

Postby NellyCB » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 am

Hello everyone. Im glad I found you.

At the weekend my doctor revelead to me that I have excesssive cysts on both ovaries. My ovaries are also enlarged. This discovery came as part of the result of an MRI scan on my back and pelvis for pain there. So the cysts were discovered by chance.

Anyway, doc was asking if I suffered with any symptons such as excessive body hair, thinning of my head hair, missed or irregular periods. I answered no to everything. His decision was to get my back sorted first and do an ultrasound in 4 montgs to revisit my ovaries.

HERE'S WHERE YOU COME IN: Today, I have experienced something new. I am currently on day 2 of my period which is always a very heavy flow day. I went to the toilet to have a poo and although i always find that painful during my period, this was beyond that!! Very very painful in the lower front of my abdomen, I went cold dizzy and clammy and almost fainted. I stopped my self by splashing my face with cold water. After about 10 mins of recovery i managed to get to my bed and lie down. Im still here. I mever managed to have my poo and im scared to try again. Im still experiencing cramps though not as bad.

1. Is the dizziness something to worry about?
2. Should I have mention heavy flow and painful bowel movements to doc....HE never mentioned them
3. Is it likely that my cysts are more to wrry about than the doc has led me to believe?

THANKS
NellyCB

Re: Please read and help..scared about new developments toda

Postby NellyCB » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:33 am

Sorry none of you could help.

I was scared so rang doc. Cant help but feel ive been fobbed off. He said thats nothing to do with my 9vary cysts. The more i read on PCOS and endometriosis resources the more I identify with them.
NellyCB

Re: Please read and help..scared about new developments toda

Postby Hols969 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Yes bad cramps are more associated with endo rather than pcos. I have had what you have experienced once before as well and I sort of think it was IBS actually, I felt exactly the same though, it was horrible. May be worth keeping a food diary though.

You do need to push your GP as that is what they are there for, definitely not necessarily a pcos thing (it does slightly ring a bell that ibs is linked to pcos as well but I could be wrong!)

Couple of good facebook pages to go on, one is the Verity one and another is called PCOS Awareness UK if you need more instant advice as the discussion board is a little slow sadly unless TTC really.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe