Recently diagnosed and confused!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Recently diagnosed and confused!

Postby leylae94 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago aged 20 following an ultrasound and blood test...however, what confused me the most was that until about 3 months prior to my diagnosis, my periods were perfectly regular. Rather than an absence of periods which I gather a lot of women with PCOS have, I had a constant bleed for about 3 months before I was diagnosed. I was put on the mini pill (unable to take combined pill due to migraines) to stop the bleeding, which worked and I have not had a period since. One of my main concerns is the impact on my ability to conceive, and was wondering whether the constant bleed has different implications for fertility than no periods? My GP admitted she wasn't sure...
Has anyone else suffered with constant bleeding prior to diagnosis rather than no periods at all? Haven't met anyone else with a similar experience :|
leylae94

Return to Verity Cafe