New here - confused by results

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New here - confused by results

Postby LuckyMum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi, im new to the boards but couldnt think of a better place to get some advice.
Firstly, my periods have never been the regular 30 days and we only conceived our daughter after taking agnus castus. Since her birth in oct 2014 my periods have been irregular but have now stopped and i haven't had one since november 2015. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago as i was getting cramping on and off like i was about to get my period but i never did. They said it could be PCOS and did a blood test but i went for the results last tuesday to be told they were "normal" and the only thing she could suggest was early menopause which absolutely gutted me. She did say she would refer me for an ultrasound just to confirm that it isnt pcos and make a referal to a endocrinologist (?) to find out what is going on.
However, the past week i have been getting pain (sometimes a burning sensation) in my right side/hip area and can be very uncomfortable. I guess what im asking is that is it possible to still have PCOS with normal bloods or could it be something worse as dr google seems to suggest. Im worrying myself sick :(
LuckyMum

Return to Verity Cafe