Raging Hormones HELP

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Raging Hormones HELP

Postby emma2209 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Hello,
I'm 19 and got diagnosed at the beginning of summer 2015. I have issues with taking the pill, sometimes the hormones in it are too strong, sometimes they are too weak and I just have my period over it and it does nothing! The mish mash of pills, of which I have all given a chance cause my acne to fluctuate as well.
Pills have different hormone levels in them and the doctors have no idea about my current hormone levels, so how can they be prescribing me the correct one when they have no idea as to what is going on inside me??
My mood fluctuates so badly its as if I have mental health issues, I can be confident, depressed and anxious (I have anxiety attacks out of the blue, for no reason at all) and all of it is down to my messed up hormones.
I know this is a bit of a rant but I just feel as though my imbalanced hormones have completely changed me as a person. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an endocrinologist to help balance their hormones either privately or on the NHS and whether or not it helped? :P

The hormonal imbalances are seriously affecting every aspect of my life: relationships, university, confidence, just situations I would usually be comfortable in!!
emma2209

Return to Verity Cafe