Newbie Needing Help!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Newbie Needing Help!

Postby charlottedee96 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi All,

I've only been diagnosed this week but I wondered if I could have a bit more information in terms of what I should and should not eat. I have also been diagnosed Hypothyroidism and I've started taking medication but nothing yet for PCOS.

The medication I'm taking says I can't eat 30 mins after taking and I can't have dairy till 4 hours after, so meal plans (like breakfast) would be great.

My doctor did not give me any information at all so I am a little stuck, based on the internet it looks like I can't eat anything!!

Advice much appreciated! xx
charlottedee96

Re: Newbie Needing Help!

Postby wrigglepup » Sat May 07, 2016 8:14 am

Hi, that sounds really awkward, you could ask to speak to a dietitian especially for PCOS, funny enough I did find something on net about some ladies with pcos could have thyroid problems too. I wondered if mine doesn't work properly either, as I have some of the symptoms, weak nails, fatigue and weight problems. Don't know whether doctor would listen to me. Nails a bit better now taking gelatine but they stop growing just past tip of fingers.
PCOS and symptoms are woefully under investigated!
Hope you are getting somewhere now.
wrigglepup

Return to Verity Cafe