Lots of questions & can never find the answers

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Lots of questions & can never find the answers

Postby Pink » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:12 pm

I got diagnosed with pcso when I was 24.. I am now almost 30 and trying to conceive.
I came off my pill back in September last year, I have regular periods, I'm 5'5 and 10 stone, eat healthy and am very active. I don't expect to get pregnant straight away but I would like help now as I know my time is running out and don't want to be in the same situation this time next year...

What are my options? Last time I went to the docs she said I have to keep trying for at least a year before they would help me?

Since coming off my pill I have a lot of pain on both sides of my overies most of time, which seems to be getting worse which worries me a lot as I don't know why?? My spots are getting worse with each month that goes by (it really upsets me but I can deal with this)

Any help/ advice would really help.. Thank you
Pink

Re: Lots of questions & can never find the answers

Postby Hols969 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:53 am

You have years before it becomes an issue - the one positive with pcos is our egg quality remains better for longer.

Do you know if you are ovulating as a period doesn't mean you are - look at the fertilityfriends website as it advises how to check
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Pink » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Thank you for your advice. I have some ovulation sticks that I am going to start using. I'll check that website out too

Thanks again x
Pink

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 am

Ovulation sticks can be unreliable for pcos ladies so do it alongside fertilityfriends
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe