My daughter has been diagnosed today!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

My daughter has been diagnosed today!

Postby jm2727 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello, my 15 year old daughter has been diagnosed through ultrasound today. We have a follow up appointment with the GP next week but are unsure what to expect next, from what I'm reading she'll be prescribed the pill? Should we expect a referral to a gynaecologist aswell? Apologies for my lack of knowledge, this is all new to me! :shock: thank you!
jm2727

Re: My daughter has been diagnosed today!

Postby Sunshine29 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Jm2727 ...I had my first ultrasound when I was 17 and then at my follow-up GP appointment I was put on the pill to help with the irregular bleeding I kept having. Just to give me some normality I think. (I wasn't officially diagnosed until 29 so I guess your daughter is lucky they caught it early). They asked me if I was looking to have children at the time (and the answer was no as I was only 17) so they didn't refer me to the hospital it was just left at that. GP said that in the future when I'm looking to start a family they will investigate further. So I think unless your daughter has any further issues/complications/looking to conceive it will probably not need to go further than the GP..which I guess is a good thing. That's just my experience though, I'm not sure what other's have had. Hope that puts your mind at rest :)
Dec 2014- Hypothyroidism diagnosis
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Sep 2015- 1st fertility appointment
Nov 2015- Clomid 50mg - ovulated
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Re: My daughter has been diagnosed today!

Postby jm2727 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Thank you so much Sunshine29 ☺️
jm2727

Return to Verity Cafe