Vertity Newbie Hello!!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Vertity Newbie Hello!!

Postby MrsKT666 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 am

Hello everyone

I have just found out about Verity from The ultimate PCOS Handbook and read through a couple of posts and joined So I'm here to say hello!!

I am 29 and have been officially diagnosed since I was 26 however, it took from the age of 16 to 26 fighting to be diagnosed (it was pretty obvious according to a new DR at the time and no one could understand why it took so long).

I have been overweight since I hit puberty, have had a beard from about 17/18 and been trying to conceive for the last 4/5 years to no avail. My periods are not happening naturally at the moment so having to force one 4 times a year.

I'm looking for support as at the moment I am feeling like the only person to be struggling and I am loosing the fight and motivation start yet another failed attempt to loose weight. My husband is amazingly supportive and is going to join me in loosing weight but, he annoyingly looses weight a lot quicker than me and it kinda makes me feel a bit rubbish when he looses 3lb a week and where I'm a only loose half a lb a week girl so I'm looking for support from other women in the same boat.

Well this is a long quick HELLO.

Looking forward to making new friends!!
MrsKT666

Re: Vertity Newbie Hello!!

Postby Sunshine29 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello Mrs KT666, welcome! :) I am new here too!

In the same situation as you. Im 29 (recently diagnosed with PCOS but being investigated since I was 17). I am also having no periods and TTC, was on the pill previously, and to add to the mix...also been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.

I know weight loss can be daunting and hard work and you're not the only one who struggles with this. I thought I wouldnt never be able to do it but trust me if you really want to you can do it!... I have lost 1.5 stones over the past 5 months and it wasn't easy but me and my husband did it together as a team. You are so lucky to have a supportive husband too so perhaps you can both exercise/cook healthy together?

I totally get what you mean about men losing more weight than us but that doesnt mean he is doing better than you.. the best way I found was to compare ''percentage weight loss'' instead of comparing the number of lbs lost. Its the best way to compare weight loss across people of different shape/size. You have lots of % weight loss calculators online: https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/wei ... percentage

This is what me and my husband did and I actually lost more % of my body weight than him even though he lost more lbs!! try it.. a little competition is healthy :) xx
Dec 2014- Hypothyroidism diagnosis
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Sep 2015- 1st fertility appointment
Nov 2015- Clomid 50mg - ovulated
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Postby MrsKT666 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:31 am

Hello Sunshine29

Well done for loosing 1.5 stone that's amazing its nice to hear a good success story :D.

We are starting to do things together now as a team we both now go food shopping together and started swimming once a week together (more of me doing lengths and him bobbing around the pool on a noodle he's not the best swimmer but I am glad hes trying). We also both brought fitbits and going to compete with each other that way. I think us cooking healthy meals together is a good idea will teach him out to cook at least lol.

I will look at the fat % websites they sound pretty good and will defo help if im loosing more body fat that him it will help :S.

Thanks for replying you have made me feel a little more positive.
MrsKT666

Postby Sunshine29 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:51 pm

No worries..I hope you get the results that you want MrsKT666 ...sounds like your husband is really supporting you in this..so try to enjoy the weight loss journey as a way of getting to spend more time together... I see you have been TTC for 4/5 years have you been referred to the fertility clinic yet? I am not having periods either since coming off the pill so GP has referred me...I have my first appointment in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to it/anxious too xx
Dec 2014- Hypothyroidism diagnosis
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Sep 2015- 1st fertility appointment
Nov 2015- Clomid 50mg - ovulated
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Postby MrsKT666 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello Sunshine

I have been referred to the fertility clinic but they denied my referral because my BMI is too high so I have been put on Metformin (start taking it tomorrow) and I have to attend a weight management clinic to prove I am serious about loosing weight.

Good luck at your clinic appointment I am sure it will be fine. xx
MrsKT666

Return to Verity Cafe