When to go for blood test?

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

When to go for blood test?

Postby bearfacedclaire » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Hello, I have thought I have issue with hormones for a long time- but surprise surprise I just got put on the pill and nothing further. Yasmin helped acne, and possibly slowed hair loss but now I have had to come off of it (new doctor feels I am too overweight) all issues are back with vengeance and GP is now sending me for tests. She has said that I should go for blood tests at beginning of period, but I am all off since coming off pill and don't know when I will have a period etc?? Any advice on when I should go?

Thanks!
bearfacedclaire

Re: When to go for blood test?

Postby Hols969 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:43 am

You would have to ask her.... I am on yasmin and it is brilliant at controlling the symptoms of pcos. What are you having a blood test for? I know when I came off it, it was horrific and I put on 3 stone, and the rest of the symptoms came back with vengeance so I do feel for you. Diet wise, you may want to try the 5:2 diet which I find really easy (which I was surprised about), as its cheap and once your head gets around the fasting day it is actually ok, has changed how I feel about being hungry totally!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: When to go for blood test?

Postby Aemxo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Hey love,

I was on the contraceptive implant and have not had a period for nearly 6 years. I have come off it now due to having my hormone levels checked, and when I said to him I dont have a period (my GP) he said to wait 6-8 weeks from the removal of my contraception. Hope this helps xx
Aemxo

Return to Verity Cafe