Not ttc but referred to reproductive medicine - why?

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Not ttc but referred to reproductive medicine - why?

Postby littlepoppet » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:32 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to unload here a bit as i am not sure where this post should go.
A few years a go I was being investigated for abdo pain, enlarged ovaries, and pcos at Mr edozien's clinic at st Mary's in Manchester. After an investigatory laparoscopy it was seen that I had fallopian and ovarian torsion on my right side and discharged from the clinic (everything looked fine and healthy after they untwisted me). In both 2013 and 2014 I had emergency admissions and surgeries due to torsioning and ended up with an oophraplexy (might be spelled wrong - right ovary is attached to my uterine wall). Neither time did I have a follow up (despite promises). A few weeks ago I experience similar pains and was admitted over night for monitoring and was discharged with a promise of a follow up which this time actually appeared - but for reproductive medicine rather than the standard gynae clinic. We are not ttc (but not not ttc if you get me) so why I have been referred to this department. Does reproductive do any thing other that infertility? I've not been told I am infertile so i just would like to hear some people's experiences with reproductive medicine who are not ttc.
Thanks x
littlepoppet

Re: Not ttc but referred to reproductive medicine - why?

Postby Hols969 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:24 pm

I suppose you could say it is the reproductive area .... Ive just googled it and it looks like its IVF .... I think perhaps you should give them a buzz, alternatively you could kill two birds with one stone if you are not adverse to the ttc part :-)

Never heard of anyone being referred to that department if they arent ttc ...
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe