COnfused and stressed

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

COnfused and stressed

Postby Le Clair » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 am

Hi All

Been a while since I've posted - had a mad year or so!

Basically the issue is this.

I haven't had a bleed now for well over 6 months (Can't remember the last one actually!) - nothing new in this per se as have always been erratic in this respect. I spoke to my Doctor just before I moved and she suggested simply not starting the next pack of pills (am on Millinette, as they took me off Yasmin because of the Migraine link). When I didn't bleed again this month I decided (Not sure why) to take this advice! It's now 2 weeks on and still no bleed. My ovaries are killing me and my moods are a nightmare to control

Thinking of going to my new doctors about this. Just moved into a new county so might get somewhere this time!

Anyone got any advice - Should I be pushing for a Gynae appointment? I was diagnosed over 15 years ago and just told basically to get on with it! My weight is now out of control, facial hair too (Thank god I'm blond!) and I feel like crap

Cheers

LC
Le Clair

Re: COnfused and stressed

Postby Hols969 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:41 pm

As long as you have 4 periods a year its fine but some GP's seem to think its fine and how lucky you are not to have any, but there are issues / risks by not having one so dont let your gp fob you off, I would try different types of contraceptive or perhaps the coil to make sure your uterus stays healthy.

Unfortunately listening to all the newly diagnosed ladies, there doesnt seem to be much change from a GP point of view and you are diagnosed and sent on your way, so as normal it is up to us to control it. The main way being combined contraceptive or/and diet - basically keep the brown carbs and cut out as much sugar as you can, also eating little and often is good as it keeps our metabolism higher.

Ive been trying the 5:2 diet so over two days you only eat 500 calories each day and found it surprisingly easy and lost over a stone in 2 or so months. I thought I would hate it and get bloated or dizzy by not eating but once you get past the grumbling stomach, I have found it really easy as you only have to do it for 2 days a week - I still watch what I eat on the other 5 days but dont need to be 100% strict!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Le Clair » Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 am

Hi Hols

Thanks for the reply

Just sometimes think that I'm loosing my mind!

The doctors couldn't fit me in for a couple of weeks but my doctor did, kindly, phone me back. After a brief conversation he suggested that I go for a blood test and come to him him on the appointment hat I had previously been offered (Next Wednesday) - I'm booked for my blood test today and am really nervous about it.

The doctor mentioned that it could be Early Menopause! - Don't know if this is common with us PCOSers. To be honest am too scared to look into it!

Still no sign of bleed after about 3 weeks of not taking pill - Fingers crossed for next week I guess!

LC
Le Clair

Postby Hols969 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:00 am

I had heard the menopause comes later for pcos ladies - unfortunately there isn't much research on pcos and the menopause yet !

Good luck
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Le Clair » Tue May 05, 2015 2:27 pm

I see

I'll let you know how I get on next week!

(Always have been awkward!) :)
Le Clair

Return to Verity Cafe