Please help!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Please help!

Postby Dancergirl » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I have found somewhere to talk to other people about pcos! I was diagnosed at 14 and I am now 25 and I'm finding it really tough at the moment. My weight is getting worse I have tried every diet but I never see any results and so I stop and that's when I get depressed and upset. The hair on face is so hard to keep on top off. I pluck every night in front of TV but get scared of people seeing it when I'm out in the sun. I'm so ashamed of my self and no one seems to know anything. I went to the docs yesterday to talk to someone and see if could get some help and he basically told me to eat less and exercise! Easier said than done! Any ideas would help as I'm finding it really hard now and I'm getting fatter by the day!

Sorry if I'm rambling xxx
Dancergirl

Re: Please help!

Postby Hols969 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:35 am

Yey the typical response from the GP - if only it was that simple. If you ate the RDA you would still put on 2lb a month because of pcos so we do need to eat less than the norm just to maintain our weight. Little and often as well as we go into storage mode quite easily (I snack on little bits of carrot or pepper during the day), breakfast is really important too. I dont eat carbs at night any more and any carbs I do eat is the brown stuff.

I think part of the issue for me is I binged a bit as the weight loss was so slow that I would then feel low and eat and it was like a never ending circle.

I lost 3 stone about 4 years ago and manage to maintain it generally but did put on a stone after my holiday last year so tried the 5:2 diet which I thought would be horrendous (its where you only have 500 calories on two days) and lost a stone in about 7 weeks (wasnt strict the whole time either!) so you may want to try that as you dont need anything specific and doesnt cost anything to do it either. I lost 5.5lb the first week on it.

The Facebook Verity page is quite busy and Ive joined one called PCOS (Cysters in the UK) which is a very friendly group (closed so none of your friends can see what you write) and you get instant answers, whereas the forum can be a bit quiet nowadays so you may want to join FB too.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe