PCOS maybe?

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS maybe?

Postby vontinka » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31 am

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I recently had a episode of sever lower pain where I couldn't walk proper and ended up in the walk in then at my gp as they where going to send me hospital but I didn't want to waste time. My gp sent me for a ultrasound and then i got a letter back to see my gp again and found out both ovarys where consistent polcystic and one ovary was double the size of the other one. Suddenly it explained why I had been getting severe acne all over my body and greasy skin but I am having normal periods which are a lot heavier than usual and generally on time but lately they have been staggering a little between 6 days late or early. I have noticed a small patch of hair on my chest too but it's only minor but it looks like it's slowly getting worse and I tend to carry a bit of weight around my mid portion but I am only around a size 12/14.

I have had plenty of other symptoms too mostly anxiety and a mix of depression and feeling extremely run down. I've had tons of blood tests done but they all came back fine and I was told I don't have the syndrome I just have polcystic ovaries? I'm at my whit's end. I know something is off in my body and don't feel well with it at all and I don't have copies of any of my bloods to see if i'm borderline on anything as I know Thyroid can contribute to PCOS.

Thanks for any support & advice I need it I am so fed up with the symptoms! I am seeing a gynecologist for the first time ever soon will they check my bloods to see if anything is wrong as well?
vontinka

Re: PCOS maybe?

Postby Hols969 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am

Blood tests can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. If the pain continues then it may be worth getting checked out for endometreosis as there is a link between the two and pain is not generally a symptom of pcos. I would definitely say you have pco/pcos so low gi diet is the way to go and eating little and often.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe