Feeling like the doctor doesn't take me seriously-help pleas

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Feeling like the doctor doesn't take me seriously-help pleas

Postby stamarie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:19 am

I have had PCOS for roughly 14 years although I was only ever diagnosed by a blood test no scan or seen at the hospital. I have been on and off Dianette for most of this time as I suffer from acne in the usual areas associated with PCOS and I have some excess facial hair. Last year I fell pregnant whilst on dianette and sadly miscarried , I then had another miscarriage 2 months after. Since then I'm reluctant to take dianette but my gp has been no help whatsoever. When I stopped dianette my skin and hair was so greasy and my spots have returned but are horrible painful cysts. I went to the gp to see what I could take and was offered the pill or antibiotics. I explained i had had 2 cycles of roaccutane previously because nothing else worked. I've tried many antibiotics and creams over the years but they never helped. I left the gp with the cilest pill and I was nearly in tears because he told me im nearly too overweight to have it. I've had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months and my hormones are all over the place and he was just going on about my BMI. I'm on the second month of cilest and my spots have gotten even worse but I don't know what else to do. Sorry for the long post but I didn't know where else to turn to for help x
stamarie

Re: Feeling like the doctor doesn't take me seriously-help p

Postby Meringoo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi there,

How are you doing now? I just read your post and i wanted to say i'm so sorry for what you've been through, and especially the cold treatment you've received from your GP. It's a shame some can only focus on one thing such as your BMI, rather than treat you in a more appropriate and holistic way.

Are you finding things easier now? How is the Cilest pill helping?

Take care,

Meringoo
Meringoo

Return to Verity Cafe