Diagnosis

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Diagnosis

Postby snowsunfun » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Hello

I really believe I have PCOS, having most of the symptoms. My GP is, to put it politely, pants! So I am thinking about going private to be tested as I am not getting any younger and want children. Has anyone done this? I am thinking about paying for a private wellwoman scan.

Any advise much appreciated!

I have the following symptoms so if you think I'm worrying unnecessarily then do please say
- struggle immensely to lose weight
- excessive facial hair, although I have purchased a laser hair remover which is slowly improving this
- stomach hair in a line up to my belly button then straight up
- hair around my nipples
- agonising period pain

I have no idea how stable my cycle is as I've been on the pill the past 10 years.

Thanks
snowsunfun

Re: Diagnosis

Postby Hols969 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:40 am

It may be worth going to a different gp, ask for blood tests and scans (unfortunately both can come back as normal sometimes but it doesn't mean you don't have it as cysts are only a symptom and not the cause so can come and go!!)

I would also ask to be referred to an endocrinologist as pcos is their area, pain is not generally a symptom of pcos but is for endometreosis so an endo could advise in both areas. You do need to be quite forceful with the gp - look at the NICE guidelines on pcos as it advises what is available.

The one useful thing about pcos is our egg quality lasts better for longer so don't worry about age - I was 36 when I finally conceived and Noah is almost 9 now !!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Diagnosis

Postby ooVKoo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:01 pm

I too believe I have PCOS and pretty much the same as you, was on pill for 10 years, hair in the same places, bad acne, heart pulpertations, dizziness, difficulty in losing weight, ovary pain on and off through out cycle problems trying to conceive with one miscarriage. Seeing doctor tomorrow and hoping they can spread some light, not leaving surgery until I have some tests booked. Loading myself with information.
ooVKoo

Return to Verity Cafe