New, Hi everyone

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New, Hi everyone

Postby RSClio14 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:21 am

Hiya

New here, I'm Dee. Was told had PCOS in April 2006 at age of 23, had a feeling I did with hair issues and weight issues plus my mother has it & grandmother had it.

Was with my partner for 6yrs until middle 2012 we departed as he wanted to start a family and I told him at the start I had this as when we met in aug 2006. He said I was being selfish by not trying. I wasn't I just didn't want to go through the heartache and loss my best friend was going through at the time but now has 2 beautiful boys.

since this I have been scared to start up another full commitment as it's been a long road for me to say in my heart of heart I don't want child as deep deep down I do but the thought of trying and not getting there scares me and the fear of mc and was told in 2013 I'm a carrier of my father polycystic kidney disease, which he died in 2001 from at age of 49 and living through what he had to do to live as long as he did I would not wish that on my worse enemy.

Hope you do no see me as selfish, but I am lucky to have the joy of two beautiful Godson's that I spoil rotten :o)
RSClio14

Re: New, Hi everyone

Postby Hols969 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:27 am

Aaah you sound like me ... In the end I thought I would try and now have Noah who is 8. It really is rare not to conceive because of pcos, some need no help at all but some do need extra help like me. I am glad I tried as Noah is an absolute joy but I do understand your thinking !!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe