Hi not been here long ;O)

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Hi not been here long ;O)

Postby wrigglepup » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Hello
wrigglepup

Re: Hi not been here long ;O)

Postby wrigglepup » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Oops! As you can see not too good at this!
Hello again, I have just joined Verity a few weeks ago as just accepted I have PCOS. I was diagnosed in 2008 after a pill break and I had no periods. Heard of pcos but didn't know anything about it, had the glucose test and dietitian. I haven't really taken it on board until the last few months. At work I've been feeling sleepy by 11, I think its the sugar in the cappuccinos and powdered milk in hot drinks and having trouble with alcohol while my friends don't. My weight gets on my nerves aswell not to mention the facial hair, it must be lovely to read a good book of an evening rather than plucking my chin!
To be honest I think I have got off lightly with this as I have read many of your threads and realised mine is quite mild. I am obsessed with keeping slim that may help, I am doing low GI now its working! Have struggled with weight which I really hate, but I was rubbish at school due to bad eyesight always felt like the odd one, so when the facial hair and chub came I just thought it was just me my periods where all over the place, didn't butt an eyelid I never was normal anyway! In a way I guess it has made it easier to cope with.
was a bit annoyed last sat went out for a meal, it was so pcos unfriendly! Can be awkward. Never mind!
Haven't ever really thought about a family so that hasn't been a problem.
I was still a shock to find out there was a reason for the weight, hair and moods spose that is why its taken so long to say hello to you and my pcos! Sorry to run on so long,
wrigglepup

Postby White Dragon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Hiya. I thought for quite a long time that it was my medication causing the facial hair and stuff but turns out it was something else. I'm glad I now have the real reason why all these things have been happening. I've been so worried about my health recently but bit by bit, all my worries have been quite unfounded.
White Dragon

Postby wrigglepup » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi White Dragon, pleased you are feeling more settled now. I kinda feel I have an excuse now and I have been explaining pcos to people (as it's not our fault) although I do still feel embarrassed about hair in manly places. X
wrigglepup

Postby White Dragon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 pm

That is exactly how I feel. Now I know more about the condition, I feel a bit more open about it.
White Dragon

Return to Verity Cafe