Newly diagnosed! It's a pleasure to meet you all

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Newly diagnosed! It's a pleasure to meet you all

Postby White Dragon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi. I am White Dragon and I'm 25 years old. After having an ultrasound after being referred by a doctor, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I had read about the condition but didn't think that I might have it. It all started when a nurse noticed that I had hair on my face. I had always been self conscious about that fact. I put it down to the medication I was on causing the hair growth and didn't think there was another reason until the doctor told me. To be honest, I absolutely hate the way I look. I always cover up and wear clothes which many would consider unfashionable. I used to love swimming but I just can't show off my body like that. My body doesn't look or feel right. I also have mental health problems on top of all this which doesn't help. I just don't feel normal.

Anyway I heard about this place from a friend. It's great to be able to talk to people who understand. I look forward to chatting to you all. :)
White Dragon

Re: Newly diagnosed! It's a pleasure to meet you all

Postby Hols969 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:46 pm

You definitely aren't alone with the mental health stuff, they do think there is a connection with pcos and mental health.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby White Dragon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:05 pm

That is interesting. I however have had mental health problems since I was very young. They are probably made worse though with pcos. I remember starting my periods later than other girls and there was gaps between periods which caused me to lash out at anyone who tried to talk to me. It was all very distressing. I can't pinpoint exactly how long I may have had pcos though.
White Dragon

Postby Hols969 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:08 pm

You were born with PCOS and there are lots on here that have had issues for a very long time.... so its not just when your periods start.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby White Dragon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Just saw your post on another thread. It does explain a lot. Thanks.
White Dragon

Return to Verity Cafe