Newly diagnosed and scared....

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Newly diagnosed and scared....

Postby Sarah1987 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Hiya i was diagnosed with pcos yesterday and have another docs appointment tomorrow and im an emotional wreck.... my biggest fear is not being able to have a baby with my fiance which just breaks my heart.... sorry xxxx
Sarah1987

Re: Newly diagnosed and scared....

Postby Hols969 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 am

It's extremely rare not to be able to conceive because of pcos so honestly don't worry. For some it can take time and for others it can be less than a non pcos lady, there is loads of help to conceive as well if you do need it. The best advise is to get your body and your fiancé's in good shape (as a third of fertility issues are down to poor quality sperm).
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Newly diagnosed and scared....

Postby tscott2010 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:10 am

I know the feeling. I was in the same position two years ago when I found out and it was awful. The best advice I can give you, (which all depends on you personally and your symptoms) is get/ keep yourself in shape. Healthy eating, exercise. Research pcos so you feel more ontop of it and know what's going on. It's scary when you first find out but it does get better x
tscott2010

Return to Verity Cafe