PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Postby inks » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi everybody,

I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.co.uk websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not exactly helpful)

Although I have some symptoms of pcos I also get pain in the left side of my pelvis, lower back pain (upper right stomach pain too now and again) and nausea most days. The pelvic pain with the nausea are so bad sometimes that if I'm walking around I get to the point where I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Does anybody else get these symptoms too?

If so, how do you manage them?

Thanks for reading

Inks x
inks

Re: PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Postby Hols969 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Have you been tested for endometriosis too as pain is not generally a symptom of pcos but is for endometriosis, we have quite a lot of ladies on here who have both.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby inks » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't been tested endometriosis, it's taken months and months for my gp to decide he wanted to have my blood tested for hormone levels. I have been to my gp so many times over the past year with the pain and nausea but got told time and time again that it wad ibs and given allsorts of medication that didn't work and I was also given medication for acid reflux (I don't even suffer from that).

I shall try and get him to get me tested though.

thanks
inks x
inks

Postby Hols969 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:29 am

Maybe goggle symptoms of endo so you can tell your gp, it would have to be a laparoscopy to test for endo. Pcos tends to be diagnosed for most things (and a lot are but definitely not pain). Good luck, know your facts when you see the gp next, it may be worth doing a food diary as well just to rule out ibs (I have it mildly and know what triggers it), is the pain in your tum or lower down ?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe