Trip to GP tomorrow

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Trip to GP tomorrow

Postby suukyi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 am

Hello,

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow, to talk about possible PCOS. I've never had regular periods (last one over 60 days ago), Im slightly overweight (BMI 25.7), have hair on my neck and chin, very oily skin with horrible pussy spots (which persist despite washing my face 6+ a day), mood swings, and often get a stabbing pain in my abdomen when I cough or sneeze. I'm now 30, and I've suspected PCOS for a long time, but never bothered to get it properly checked out because being on the contraceptive pill sorted out most of the symptoms (apart from the neck hair, that one has been a pain in the arse for too long now). I've been off the pill for a year now and only 3-4 periods in that time (2 of these just after coming off). I would like to start TTC in the next few months, and PCOS or not, I suspect it is going to be a struggle.

Any tips on how to approach my GP? Do I just go in with the list of symptoms, or specifically ask to be tested for PCOS? Should I mention that I will be trying to conceive?

Gah. I hate going to the doctors!
suukyi

Re: Trip to GP tomorrow

Postby Hols969 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:41 am

How did it go, you should really ask for blood test and scan, both sometimes come back normal tho as cysts are only a symptom and not the cause.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe