Help

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Help

Postby MrsL » Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19, put on Metformin and given a very low chance of conceiving naturally, I was extremely lucky to have 2 children with no help.

For the last 5 years since TTC and falling with my son, everything has been pretty calm but in the last 4 months it all seems to be picking up again.
My periods are all over the place again (2 6-week cycles, 1 28-day cycle and 1 35-day cycle), I'm struggling to loose weight again, my moods are crazy and my excess hair growth (which has been quite controllable, shaving once a week) has really picked up to where i'm having to shave most days.

Its starting to affect every aspect of my life, I don't want to go out and I constantly feel low.

I am currently receiving counselling for anxiety and to help deal with my past medical issues.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I have zero sex drive and while I have a very understanding husband, I want a normal marriage!

Has anyone been in this position? I just don't know what the next step is. My GP just recommends blood tests then they come back with normal hormone levels and we hit a dead end
MrsL

Re: Help

Postby Hols969 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:03 am

Are you on the combined contraceptive pill? This helps with most pcos issues I have inc weight and facial hair, doesn't help with the sex drive tho!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby MrsL » Fri May 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi
I was on the combined pill to help with it all but I had a stroke while on it and now cant take any oral/internal contraceptive.

I saw my dr this morning and they want to do a trans-vaginal scan to see if the cysts have returned/increased
MrsL

Postby Hols969 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Ok it is irrelevant tho as they come and go and are not the cause (misleading name). The cysts won't necessarily make your symptoms worse either - diet can help to a degree so cut out all white carbs as they make the symptoms worse. My worry is your gp will see no cysts and say you don't have pcos which isn't true. Could you afford to see an endocrinologist privately? If not then ask to be referred to one (not a gynae as it's not issues with down below, it's an imbalance of hormones). Have you considered anti depressants as well - I got pnd and they just made everything seem a little brighter so I wouldn't hesitate to go on them if I had a prolonged low mood. Depression is a side effect of pcos but they are still researching if it's the lovely symptoms of pcos or the actual hormone imbalance that causes it.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Verity Cafe