Help!!!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Help!!!

Postby Cuddles28 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi!
I'm new to this forum i'm registered on another one but this one has been recommended to me by a good friend of mine. Right, where do i start? First of all myself and my husband have been ttc for 3 years now, we both had checks and i have been diagnosed with mild pcos i don't have the usual symptoms just a little heavy each month. I'm a type one diabetic aswell so have been told that taking metformin will help me. So far i'm on the metformin and they are working brilliantly!! Really wish i had been introduced to them sooner! LOL! So after being told by the hosp my pcos was mild i should be able to fall pregnant easier (apparently) i've had 5 months of clomid and no joy so far, i have another 2 moths to go then it'll be ivf. I've lost over a stone and a half so far (i'm 5ft 9ins 14.2 stone now) and have been told that i have to be at 13st 8lbs easier enough i thought but no, its not easy and considering the hosp have said try weight watchers and slim fast to loose the weight faster yeah right as thats really helpful for a diabetic........so myself and hubby have been trying to loose the weight in other ways, we always eat healthily and always walk or cycle everywhere so doing other things to loose the weight. Anyways, i later discover after months of feeling poorly and thinking it's the pcos i have celiacs so now the food in our house changes again as i can't eat bread pasta or anything with wheat in it, joy of joys this has been........Ok so after all that lot i then find out one of my friends is pregnant very pleased for them shame we don't live closer but hey ho! I find out last week another of my friends is pregnant after only 3 months of marriage and NO trying she just "fell pregnant" well congrats ok little upset but happy for you guys, then my sister in law announces she's 4 months gone.......really upset as don't see them that often and she's already 4 months past really really upset as now theres another person i know pregnant and its not me. What do i do??? I'm constantly out and about loosing the weight and trying hard to get pregnant but it never seems to happen for us I've tried acupuncture, meditation, agnus castus, vitamin E, L-arginine and various other herbal tablets pills and potions its to the point of i think I'm rattling from all the tablets!!!! I don't know what to do where to go or anything anymore some help ad guidance is greatly appreciated from anyone on here!!!! Oh and before i go the icing on the cake as so to say, 3 months ago a friend of mines girlfriend (i hardly know her mind) says "you can have my baby i don't want him as my last one was taken away from me, then ill come back in a few months after social services and child protection have gone and take him back, thanks!"..........my reply wasn't pleasant so i won't repeat it on here.......any advice help guidance ideas I'm welcome to them all even voodoo!!!!!!!
Cuddles28

Re: Help!!!

Postby Victoria43 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi,

I am new here but I know what you are going through. I can only say what has helped me. I am not in any way well but two things got better for me, periods and weight. Struggling with mood though but may also be related to age.
In terms of diet I eliminated all sugar, or foods that contain it and follow a low gi diet. In terms of supplements, milk thistle and probiotics have been key supported by a good multivitamin (no Holland and Barret), vitamin B and also C.
I go regularly to a kinesiology who manages to get things more or less under control. I am certainly much better than a few years ago. Hope this helps. Victoria
Victoria43

Re: Help!!!

Postby Cuddles28 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:52 am

I'll give them a go thank you!! I've lost enough weight now for the ivf but still worried it won't work and cut out all the unnecessary tablets aswell feeling so much better already! :-) Thank you for your help and advice!!
Cuddles28

Return to Verity Cafe