?early menopause

A place for older ladies to discuss the issues affecting them and share hints and tips relating to PCOS in later life

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

?early menopause

Postby Aurora » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 pm

just wondering if anyone can offer any advice for me......
I am 41 and have been having heart palpitations for a few months. Had various tests done and the heart is ok so Dr reckoned it was either stress or the menopause. I don't have any other menopause symptoms but have read on the internet that alot of people do get palpitations as part of menopause or perimenopause. Is there a blood test that can diagnose menopause? Have also read that PCOS women generally have a later menopause.
Aurora

Re: ?early menopause

Postby beaglelady » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:50 pm

i am in early surgical menopause. i have had palpitations . however if you are still having periods they may be stress related. you would need several estrogen and fsh blood tests several weeks apart to determine if you are peri/menopause. if you are not having a cycle and having hot flushes and vaginal symptoms a gp would go off symptoms
had the lot pcos endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. now in early surgical menopause.
beaglelady

Re: ?early menopause

Postby yinnei12 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:16 pm

you can still be going through the menopause having periods. it's the body trying to make most of the remaining hormones to release an egg each month and can have effect on you. so that's explains there are many problems going on at the same time. i have had many other stuff over the past few years, with low calcium levels, aches and pains, weight gain/loss, etc. even thought of being too young to be menopausal but my paternal grandmother had her periods stopped in her 30s. also having an autoimmune disease like myself can have possiblity of having early menopause. few things you can do is get some regular exercise, eat sensibly and take some supplements like a multivitamin (vitamin e, evening primrose oil, magnesium, calcium, agnus cactus, etc). ask for advice from a health food shop, they can be helpful.
yinnei12

Return to Life begins at 40...