help

A place for older ladies to discuss the issues affecting them and share hints and tips relating to PCOS in later life

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

help

Postby beaglelady » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Can I please ask any ladies over 40 on here if you get the following. Although I have had a hyst I still have my ovaries. I am getting breast pain for three weeks a month feel irritable teary and generally out of sorts. Ive just had bloods redone as previous ones apart from testosterone deemed normal. Im at a loss my acupuncturist mentioned perimenopause to me. Im seeing my gynae tonight to see what he thinks as well. Any advice welcome as the thought of this for next ten years is not good.
had the lot pcos endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. now in early surgical menopause.
beaglelady

Postby Kasha » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 am

Not at thsi point yet as just had a baby, but i was under the impression that we pcos ladies hit menopause a bit later? I' seeing my sil tomorrow who has been perimenopausal (confirmed by bloods) for a couple of yrs so I'll ask her how her symptoms started.
Could it be a result of your hyst and everything else you've been through?
What did your gynae say?

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby beaglelady » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Kasha

I have got two large cysts which he feels may be causing some of the problems. I have to go back in 3 months and possibly have the ovary out as I have had trouble on this side before. Also when you have had your womb removed the blood supply to your ovaries is greatly reduced so more chance of going into peri early. He also feels if the ovary comes out I will then need to have an hrt implant as my latest bloods were a little iffy too.
had the lot pcos endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. now in early surgical menopause.
beaglelady

Postby Kasha » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:30 am

Don't know if it helps but i spoke to my sil and she told me the first thing that went to pot was her periods, and then she started having boob pain, moodvswings and finally sweats. She was about 42 or 43 when it all started for her so she was investigated for other causes (her gp is quite good!) She had a hystoscopy as well but it was confirmed on bloodss. Not sure whether she had hrt tbh but she is currently having a lot of night sweats so i assume not.
Hope they can sort you out love xx

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby tiernsee » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Hello Beaglelady.
I also have had a hysterectomy but my ovaries were also removed. It was 50:50 whether to leave them in or not but the consultant advised removal as after a hysterectomy it is quite common for ovaries to pack up as well. Must admit since the hysterectomy I have on occasion felt a bit tearful but often find that is when I have forgotten my HRT patch. Being without pain and no bleeding is fantastic and I don't get the other symptoms you are describing so guess they may be related to your ovaries?
I do hope you feel better and that the problems you described have subsided.
tiernsee

Postby beaglelady » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have had to have an ovary removed now and they are trying to avoid me going on hrt.
beaglelady

Postby tiernsee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:28 pm

So sorry to read this - you've certainly had to deal with some horrible issues. I do hope you recover from the surgery and begin to feel better soon.
tiernsee

Postby tatie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm

44 and just started my PCOS Blog. Please come and lend your support and comments.

http://tatie-uponreflection.blogspot.com/
tatie

Return to Life begins at 40...