As requested

A place for older ladies to discuss the issues affecting them and share hints and tips relating to PCOS in later life

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

As requested

Postby DawnyB » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Welcome to the new area ladies

I am sorry if the intro sounds clumsy - feel free to suggest a better name or intro "spiel" if you would prefer.

Dawn
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby Gill » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:27 pm

how old is old then? lol
Image Image ImageImage
Gill

Postby TigerLily » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:06 pm

I guess that depends on 'actual' or 'mental' age, I've always felt about 26 but with more & more experience!!!! :lol:

how about 'life begins after 40' or something like that instead of 'oldies'??
TigerLily
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes quite like what Tigerlily suggested!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Annoldie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Or PCOS after 40? Thanks Mrs B and Holly for starting the forum. We quite often get women on the board who have pcos, and are concerned for their daughters who also have the conditon. They rarely mention their own problems - it would be good to hear from them on this forum. It would also be nice to hear from women who are going through or have gone through the menopause, if they feel able to share there experiences - good, bad or otherwise! There seems to be little or no research available. Sharing experiences would be a start and maybe we would feel a little less abandoned! Ann
Annoldie

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for starting up this forum... I'm almost 52 and it's nice to be able to have a specific area where us 'mature' women can share our thoughts and feelings! :D

Postby grace » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for starting up this forum... I'm almost 52 and it's nice to be able to have a specific area where us 'mature' women can share our thoughts and feelings! :D
grace

Postby Annoldie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi Gill, I don't think age matters if you have things you want to say that are relevant to older women _ feel free!
Annoldie

Postby Topaz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I'd also just like to say a thank you for this area. Having hit 40 this year, but only been diagnosed a couple of years ago, it can sometimes feel as if all the discussions are aimed at much younger women. Nice to have a 'quiet' space for those of us with slightly more experience. :)
Topaz

Re: As requested

Postby Calesmill » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi I am new to verity, but interested in the menopause question. I was diagnosed in 1990 have a fairly patient husband, two lovely teenagers and have been educating my health professionals for most of that time about PCOS. (or so it feels!)

i have had a mirena coil for the last 6 years -I am on my second one now. my pain is horrendous, but at least i have lighter periods in a cycle, so my build up to PMT isn't as bad as it was when i was younger.

i take mefanemic cid and/or co drydamol to help with the pain but it doesn't touch the sides some months.

i am back at the gym, trying to eat fewer sweet things ( I really struggle with this) and know I'll feel better for it in a few more weeks . . .
I am interested in others' experiences, the more we share the better!
Calesmill

Return to Life begins at 40...