PCOS & Osteopenia

A place for older ladies to discuss the issues affecting them and share hints and tips relating to PCOS in later life

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS & Osteopenia

Postby Harrietf » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi. Newbie here. Diagnosed June 2012. Had PCOS since puberty. Controlled with Jaydess IUD and 2 grams Metformin / day for Insulin Resistance.

Recently right ankle gave way and I broke my right ankle. 3 months later broke ankle again, exact same way.

DEXA scan shows Osteopenia at L4. I also have under active thyroid and PTSD. So I get anxiety attacks and depression.

Ankle surgery inc. Ligament repair on 30 November.

Anyone else got bone issues?

I'm overweight: 3 stone to lose. Need some tips for this. Diet is gluten & dairy free.
Harrietf

Re: PCOS & Osteopenia

Postby Hols969 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:44 am

Diet wise I do the 5:2 as it is cheap and doesnt involve much thought really (once you get your head around it). You fast for 2 days a week at 500 calories each day. It works for me really easily (but due to pcos you do need to watch what you eat the other 5 days unlike what it says about eating whatever you like) but it doesnt really feel like a diet tbh.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Life begins at 40...