Trying again - success stories

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Trying again - success stories

Postby daisy1990 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 am

Hi all

I am completely new to this and would love to hear everyone's stories, so here is mine...:)

After going to the doctors constantly for 3 years with nothing but issues and nothing diagnosed, I decided to go privately and they diagnosed me straight away with pcos. I come off the pill (cilest) 3 years ago and it all went down hill from there, that's when my problems started. I didn't have a period for a year, put on about 2 stone, my hair is thinning so much and have unwanted hair in other places! I do have an underactive thyroid which I take medication for and my doctor put me on metformin 14 months ago which regulated my periods. My cycle is a different length every month but I do keep track of everything. I have had a couple of ultrasound scans and they can only ever find one ovary, they say your bowels can block the view but surely not every time? When I had my last scan they couldn't find either ovary and it worries me a bit. I have been told I would need help to have children because of pcos and how I was born.

After being diagnosed, I lost a couple of stone, I go to the gym 5 times a week and do eat a healthy balanced diet. I am not overweight and my only symptoms now is the excess hair and hair loss on my head! After a year of trying for a baby, I finally found out I was pregnant at the beginning of the month which was a shock to be honest, I actually thought I couldn't have children because I had been off the pill so long and had never fallen pregnant. Me and my partner was so happy but googled a bit too much I think! I did 4 pregnancy tests over 4 days because I wanted to be sure. I went to the GP at work and they took blood and it come back positive!! My hcg levels were only 59, the first day of my last period was 20 October 2015 so my levels were extremely low. I then went to the EPU and they done more blood, I did have a scan but they said I wouldn't see anything because my levels were so low and we didn't. My second blood test come back and my levels only went up by 7 over 2 days which wasn't a good sign. Unfortunately I started to bleed the following day so I went to a&e and they done further tests and confirmed that I had an early miscarriage. I was heartbroken :( the doctor was very unsympathetic as his words were 'there is no more baby'. I bled for 7 days but have been active since the bleeding has stopped, I do get quite severe pains around my ovaries, they were more intense when I was pregnant but I have got the pains again now.

Have any of you fallen pregnant straight away? I've been told you are more fertile after a miscarriage? I know they recommend to wait a couple of cycles to try again. I am hoping I have a period soon, I just don't want to go back to square 1 with having no periods again. This is my first miscarriage and have read that with pcos you have a higher risk.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Daisy x
daisy1990

Re: Trying again - success stories

Postby Hols969 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:20 am

Oh poor you - no pcos does not increase the risk of miscarriage but we tend to be more aware of our bodies whereas other ladies wont even realise they are pregnant. So dont worry about it too much (or that it is because of pcos).

I think do what is right for you, are your periods regular enough for you to find out if you are ovulating (periods dont mean you are ovulating) as it may be worth tracking it as we are not infertile by any means just our ovulation can be hit and miss. Sadly ladies are still told they wont get pregnant naturally but they do.

Good luck for 2016.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Pregnancy Loss