missed miscarriage

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

missed miscarriage

Postby mummybear » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi all I found myself pregnant after test showed I wasn't ovulating. From word go I didn't feel pregnant something didn't feel right I started too pass brown blood at 7 weeks 4 days and my midwife said that's fine brown is old blood. Fast foams to 9 weeks 5 days the blood was a bit more pink/brown so I had an early scan which showed babies heart had stopped beating at 8 weeks 1 day. I've cried so hard but now I just feel why? Why did I fall pregnant for it too be taken from me did my hormones due too pcos play a part. My first pregnancy I was slimmer and carried her too 42 weeks but my thyroid packed up did that have an effect ? I've been trying for children since I was 26 now 33 I've had two pregnancies one successful and the miscarriage. I hate not knowing why
mummybear

Re: missed miscarriage

Postby Hols969 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:00 pm

No unfortunately it is just one of those things, there was obviously something wrong will little bean. There is no risk of miscarriage because of pcos. Do you have answers as to why your thyroid packed up, could that be playing a part? Or it could just be that bean wasn't viable and next time it would be all smooth running. Xx
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby littlelolly » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:28 am

Hi, I can understand how painful this is. I too had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. We got pregnant naturally when we were told there would be no chance and was waiting for IVF. We found out we were pregnant a month before starting IVF then it was snatched away, it feels so painful and cruel. Please however don't try to find an answer as to why it happened or blame yourself, this will only make it seem more painful. Take time to get yourself feeling better, be kind to yourself, grieve as much as you need to.big hugs Lolly xx
littlelolly

Postby JAR » Wed May 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Recently had miscarriages after IVF and now I haven't even seen my period to keep trying for another luck. I believe it is the hardest thing to experience and in fear that it is always going to be makes it more worst and vulnerable. :cry:
JAR

Postby Constance » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:27 am

Sorry my reply is a bit late - my friend had her thyroid removed and kept miscarrying until she and her husband (he's a GP) figured out that her thyroid meds needed to go up when she was pregnant, when they did she has two children with no problems. Perhaps that would help? Good luck.
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Return to Pregnancy Loss