Is this normal?

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Is this normal?

Postby SummerJessica » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi all

I am currently miscarrying at only 5+1 weeks. It started on Friday with spontaneous bleeding (no other symptoms). It then progressed to really heavy blood Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday but it seems to be getting lighter today. I am pretty sure I have passed everything as I have been checking the tissue etc. I am no longer bleeding tissue but the blood is still bright red (mixed with mucous at times). I have no pain most of the time, just sometimes when I stretch. The thing is I have been very cold today and I can't seem to get warm and considering it is 19 degrees out I am a bit concerned. I am literally shaking at my desk and I have goosebumps all over. Is this a symptom of the miscarriage still? I also have cold symptoms (sore glands, sore throat and a major headache which only started when it was confirmed I was having a miscarriage). I am just a bit confused as I am not sure if this is normal of not.

The GP said to expect a heavy period but I have had clots, and quite large pieces of tissue. There was a piece that looked quite frayed, was dark pink/purple, was this the placenta?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
My Ovulation Chart

Diagnosed PCOS 2001
2 m/c 2001
No cycles
Clomid 100mg 29/06/10 - OV CD17 prog 43 - BFP 30 July 2010
Beautiful baby boy born 26/03/11
TTC No 2 since 06/11 no OV
Clomid 100mg 27/01/14 -OV CD40 prog 35 - BFP MC 5.1
Clomid 150mg 03/06/14 - No OV
Clomid 150mg CD5-9 22/07/14 - OV CD21 prog 28
OD 27/07/15
Clomid 100mg 27/11/15 BFP - MC 5.4 weeks
Clomid 100mg July 2016 BFP Please be my sticky bean!
SummerJessica

Re: Is this normal?

Postby gemstone83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Summer I have said before but I am sorry for your loss. I had something similar to this after my third m/c and ended up back in hospital as the shakes were severe and when I got to epau my heart rate and BP were all over the place. So if it gets any worse ring a doctor. The bleeding sounds normal and the frayed clot you saw was probably the egg sac and the beginnings of the placenta as the placenta has only just started to form at this point. Flu like symptoms are very common with m/c although I didn't have them my mum and grandma had them when they m/c.

I would try and get as much rest as you can to let your body heal. Also do what you want to do so if you want to go to work, go or if you want to stay at home that's fine too and for the coming months if you feel like going to a baby shower do but if you wake up on the morning and don't feel like going don't. I really pushed myself as I didn't want people to be uncomfortable but actually I have learnt that people are really nice and understanding.

If there is anything else you need to ask or have a moan etc then you can always PM or post as we are here for you xxxx
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Postby espoir » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:23 am

Summer, sending you lots of hugs. I was so sad to read your news. I felt cold during the 2ww prior to my chemical pregnancy and the unsuccessful IUI, but didn't have a temperature. For the MMC I didn't have this. Have you checked your temperature? If you are at all concerned, check with your doctor. Do you have another check-up soon to check your bloods?
Take care, and take time to grieve - it is surprising how the loss of even a very early pregnancy affects us xx
espoir

Postby SummerJessica » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Thank you for your replies and espoir nice of you to drop in, last time we were on a nicer board!

I am off today again as my boss took me home yesterday as I was in pain and passing more tissue in the ladies room! Not the nicest thing to be doing at work. Temp was up again yesterday but this morning it is back down. My immune system is at an all time low as I just keep coming down with things. My throat is so sore, I have earache and had a bout of heavy bleeding again last night but I have had nothing when I wiped just now. Does this mean I have likely passed everything now? I am hoping that's it and maybe that is why I can't seem to get better. Does this also mean I might expect a period at some point too or does that count as a period, albeit the heaviest and worst one I've ever had.

My boss has been very understanding. He and his partner had one about 10 years ago and he said he still gets upset about it, although they were further along than me. I held it together when I told him and it was probably best I didn't tell him on Monday as I couldn't have talked about it without crying then. I am a bit more philosophical about it now and understand there are reasons for it and am hopeful it won't happen again.

Thanks for checking in on me, I just hope it is all up from here x
My Ovulation Chart

Diagnosed PCOS 2001
2 m/c 2001
No cycles
Clomid 100mg 29/06/10 - OV CD17 prog 43 - BFP 30 July 2010
Beautiful baby boy born 26/03/11
TTC No 2 since 06/11 no OV
Clomid 100mg 27/01/14 -OV CD40 prog 35 - BFP MC 5.1
Clomid 150mg 03/06/14 - No OV
Clomid 150mg CD5-9 22/07/14 - OV CD21 prog 28
OD 27/07/15
Clomid 100mg 27/11/15 BFP - MC 5.4 weeks
Clomid 100mg July 2016 BFP Please be my sticky bean!
SummerJessica

Return to Pregnancy Loss