early miscarraige at 6 weeks

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

early miscarraige at 6 weeks

Postby Amydennis10 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm

hi,

its taken me a few days to feel ready to ask for peoples advice and opinions.

we found out that i was pregnant on christmas eve which was lovely, however within a few hours of finding out i started to spot. by new years eve i was bleeding and i knew something was wrong. a trip to epu at my local hospital confirmed our worst fears and baby had gone :(

however the scan also showed that i had perfectly healthy ovaries, no cysts etc and a perfectly healthy womb.

i was diagnosed as having pcos 9 years ago at the age of 21, though the consultant did say i was only just over the hormones levels required for diagnosis. i am over weight , just confused by everything.

can you have pcos with healthy looking ovaries,

was my miscarrage caused by my weight,

how long before i can expect to have a period again ( my usual cysle was around 35 days and i stopped bleeding yesterday)

my heads a bit of a wash with all that has happened!!!!
i was very relucant to believe i was pregnant as i had been told over and over again that i would find it hard to concieve due to my pcos so i didnt really let myself believe what was happening!!! we had infact only been trying for 5 months.

basically i just feel so confused about everything and wanted to here what others have experienced etc.

thanks in advance
Amy
Amydennis10
Local Group Leader

Re: early miscarraige at 6 weeks

Postby Hols969 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:43 am

The name is misleading, the cyst are only a symptom and not the cause and can come and go. I don't believe being overweight would cause mc, it was not anything you have done or not done so don't blame yourself in any way, unfortunately it is natures way if something is not quite right with the baby. There can be risks being overweight when you are pregnant for you and the baby. Weight and pcos is hard work though. What an emotional rollercoaster for you. How are you feeling ?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Amydennis10 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm ok at the min I've had a few wobbles but I'm getting there. Most people are just saying to try again straight away! I'm just aprehensive about it at the minute!

Thanks for your reply :)
Amy
Amydennis10
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 pm

No do what is right for you, you will know when the time is right. My friend (doesn't have PCOS) had a mc at 19 weeks and everyone said to her leave it 6 months before you try again but she wants to try straight away so each to their own, you know yourself and how you would cope etc. There is no reasons why you should have another mc, and definitely pcos is not the cause of the mc either. Take it easy, do what is right for you and your partner.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Pregnancy Loss