Normal m/c or ectopic??

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Normal m/c or ectopic??

Postby cait1001 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Help!

I have have just come back from docs after phoning for an emergency appointment as I have been bleeding lightly for 10 days until yesterday when I passed blood and tissue (sorry tmi). I had no idea I was pregnant as my dh has been away this past month and I had a normal period just before he left. So I would be/ have been roughly 11weeks! I have had a lot of stabbing pain on my right hand side last lot was on sat morning none since just little twinges.

Anyway I'm stressing that it is ectopic as I had a normal period at what would have been 4 weeks and no other signs what so ever. I m not being scanned till lunch time tomorrow. Anyone had m/c similar to thus with normal periods??

I'm not going to sleep tonight, and will be stressed till scan tomo . . .

Caitlin
cait1001

Re: Normal m/c or ectopic??

Postby Hols969 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I don't have any experience on this but would have though ectopic is very painful. Poor you, it's just a wait till tomorrow unfortunately. Let us know how it goes x
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby cait1001 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Well after 6 hrs in hospital they can't be 100% sure it's not ectopic but they are pretty certain it's not! As I'm in no pain now and bleeding has stopped and my hsg level is only 1200 they were happy to let me go home. Have to go back on thurs for another scan and bloods as there was some fluid in my abdomen and an indistinguishable mass nr right ovary. All in all a stressful 24 hrs hoping I wasn't going to rupture, they have assured me I won't!

Such a surprise as I had no idea I was pregnant and that I could get pregnant. I had ivf for my daughter and had a fet transfer a few months ago which didn't work. I will be putting renewed effort into trying naturally from now on.

I feel exhausted now and that I could sleep for a week . . .
cait1001

Postby Hols969 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm

How did today go?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby cait1001 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Hols969

Thanks for asking.

My hsg has dropped but not by much. They suspect it is ectopic but my body is sorting it out. I havent bled since monday and no pain just twinging sensations so they are happy to let it happen naturally and i have to have more blood test in a week.

Im fine with it now and confident that I will be ok now the hsg has started dropping. It really was so stressful just being at home and waiting on tender hooks, not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

Not the best build up to christmas!
cait1001

Postby Hols969 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 am

No nothing worse than the waiting game !
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Anon34 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:31 pm

I am going through the waiting game now... It's difficult & I am looking for some support here from those of you also experiencing the wait & serial Hcg. What a Christmas, right!!

I am around 5-6 weeks based on Lmp. I had one initial showing of faint spotting after intercourse last week right after BFP. Went to dr, the initial scam showed nothing but thickened lining. Results were inconclusive bc there were no other indications of EP. Took HCG that day which came back at 270. Repeat on 48 hours & nothing found on both transU & transV sonogram in uterus. Dr was concerned she saw something in left tube. Scared!! Have come to accept this will not likely be a viable pregnancy & I am very concerned with preserving my tubes. Repeat HCG & progesterone came back & the next level was 448. Not exactly doubling but 67% increase... Right on the cusp of normal.. So diagnosis was further inconclusive. This doctor said she doesn't think it is ectopic bc the progesterone is also good & she said it would be lower with an ectopic. However, she was showing me the previous us that the lady doctor identified what she thought was the gs or a cyst by the left ovary. It was labeled GS in the picture. So, I say there looking at the picture that looks like a black circle near the ovary & I accept it must be the ectopic. Then the doctors next sentence is that she doesn't think it is. Conflicting diagnosis & majorly scaring me now. She draws more blood & then writes me a script for prenatal vitamins & tells me to come back in a week for another scan when the numbers will be higher unless she calls with the new labs being indicative of EP. Over Christmas we didn't travel & I have remained on almost bed rest worrying over every gas bubble or twinge I feel... Which could be normal or early EP symptoms.

My anxiety has just become overbearing & I'm trying to cope as best as I can. Googling this is tough but I can't help myself, finding both good & bad stories similar to mine. Anyone enduring the waiting game right now?
Anon34

Postby Hols969 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Don't google.... they thought mine wasn't viable and had to wait a long agonising wait for the level test and it came back ok in the end even tho the dr had said it didn't sound viable... the person I spoke to on the phone said he didn't know what the other dr was on about as it all looked fine.... it was hell.... fingers crossed for you. You don't see that much at 5-6 weeks so that is no surprise. I had bright red bleeding at 10 weeks which they thought was a mc which lasted 2 weeks, but Noah is almost 9 now so bleeding and spotting doesn't mean too much and it is far more common than you think....
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Pregnancy Loss