Trying again after a loss

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby hope07 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Kelly- Really hope that its good news tommorrow x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby kelly230977 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks hope but to be honest think its more to eliminate eptopic & confirm MC!!! Got to ring for results after 12 xx
Our natural miracle DD Olivia Beth born 14/02/2010 after 3yr ttc. 2mc, 9 cycles clomid, OD and IVF

2nd natural miracle due 7th Nov 2012Image
kelly230977

Postby hope07 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Kelly- Really sorry you've suffered another loss- Sending hugs X

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby kelly230977 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 am

Thank you!!! Just trying to stay positive & look forwards at the moment!! We conceived naturally, can only be a good thing right!!! xx
Our natural miracle DD Olivia Beth born 14/02/2010 after 3yr ttc. 2mc, 9 cycles clomid, OD and IVF

kelly230977

Postby hope07 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Great attitude! (PMA, PMA PMA!!!!)
I'm feeling quite positive also at the moment, I think its because I've let go of some of the stress- I'm hoping my appointment will be through for the fertility clinic soon- so we can re-focus and start the ball rolling again.X

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby kelly230977 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 am

Thats great to hear hope x

kelly230977

Postby hope07 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:44 am

Just wanted to post, because for the first time since my first MMC in April 2006 I'm feeling 99% back to my old self, and BD'ing has gone back to how it used to be pre TTC-something I never thought would happen.
The reason I wanted to post this was to give hope to ladies struggling with pregnancy loss and TTC- Its does get easier and you will feel better in time. I never thought I'd be posting this- Now don't get me wrong I still have the odd day when I feel a little low and sometimes things that remind me of my losses upset me- but if they didn't I wouldn't be human.
Just wanted to give anyone feeling down the hope that it does get better- and although I'm still on my journey (a long one...) its a little less painful.

Sending loads of sticky baby dust to everyone x

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Doobykat » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Hello there :)

Thanks for being so kind & understanding to my posts on the new grads thread... :)

Just wanted to share that my wait is finally over... thank goodness.
Started having really bad cramps yesterday evening and woke up ~midnight to find that my body was passing a lot of solids :?
(sorry if TMI :oops: )
I'm still shocked as to how painful it was - like a mini labour, I'm guessing - and how quickly everything passed out of me.
The bleeding is still heavy today but no worse than a heavy af day. And I'm still getting some really painful cramps on & off.
Think I'll be taking another couple of days off work, just to take things easy & be kind to my body.

Am looking forward to the New Year and a new start to my ttc journey and hope I can share it with you :D

Liz x x
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db91a
MM/C Dec 2008 - 10w
MM/C Aug 2012 - 14w
Doobykat

Postby missus griff » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Hi ladies

Liz - I am so sorry to hear what you & your DH are going through at the moment. Take time out for your self to recover before going back to work - don't rush, you are more important than your work.

I am looking forward to the new year too! Let's hope all of our troubles will be 'little ones'!!

Wishing us all lots of luck for 2009 for our sticky BFP's!!

xx

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]Image[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TTC since Jan 2006
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23cdb0
2nd clomid 100mg BFP...m/c 07/08
5th clomid 100mg BFP...m/c 03/09
6th clomid 100mg BFP...m/c 08/09
Natural BFP...m/c 06/10
8th clomid 100mg - December 2010 BFP! Little Girl born 10th Aug 11
Natural BFP - June 2012! Little Girl born 25th Jan 13
missus griff

Postby alison86 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:53 am

Hi

Kelly - i'm so sorry to here about you recent loss but i'm glad you feeling more positive.

Hope - i'm so glad that your feeling more like your old self again and the bding action is back to normal. Mine is slowly getting there. :wink: Its good to here that time does help.

Liz - I'm so sorry to here about your loss. I had noticed you got a BFP was having simlar problems to when I had my MC and was so hoping that things would turn out differently for you. If you ever need to chat just PM me.

Wishing everyone sticky BPP's for 2009

Alison
M/C @ 9W+ in Dec 2004 MC @ 7.5 weeks April 2010 xx
Natural BFP 21/11/2010 hoping for a sticky one - Its TWINS!!! xx
Diagnosed March 2008
Low Carb diet June09 Met - 3x 500g since Dec09. Lost 3 and a half stone.
5mg folic Acid May10
The twins have arrived 1st May 2011 at 27+6 weeks! Sarah 2lb4 & Rebecca 2lb10 both doing well
alison86

Postby Doobykat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Hello there :)

Alison, thank you for your kind words. I've been amazed at how many people have reached out & offered their support over the past 10 days... I really am very touched.

Just wanted to ask about bd-ing post m/c... :oops:
To be honest, I thought it was going to be AGES before I felt anywhere near "normal" enough again to want DH anywhere near me :roll:
But then at the weekend, when the bleeding/spotting had stopped, it was like someone flipped a switch & couldn't get enough of DH!! :oops: :oops:
I guess what I'm really wanting to know is - should we be using protection now? (We didn't). Am really loathe to, if the truth be known :| I think maybe because it took us a little while to conceive in the first place and with time not exactly being on my side anymore (soon to be 35), I feel like I don't want to let any chances pass me by, if that makes sense?

Liz x x
MM/C Dec 2008 - 10w
MM/C Aug 2012 - 14w
Doobykat

Postby purplestar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:47 pm

I lost mine earlier than you did Liz, so it may be a bit different... but we went back to it straight away, and caught on the next cycle. It just felt right to us (although that one didn't work out for us either, and it took Clomid to get pregnant a 3rd time).
Diagnosed '93, Met since March '00 (2000mg/day), Spironolatone & Yasmin (when not ttc)

ImageImage

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
purplestar
Verity Moderator

Postby hope07 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:10 pm

Liz- I'm of the opinion that if your body is ready again you will fall pregnant. After my losses I've never used any concraception- If you feel ready go for it X

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

New here...TTC with PCOS after stillbirth

Postby Mommy To An Angel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:44 pm

hi everyone! i am new here after being diagnosed with PCOS beginning of december, i have a little girl who sadly sleeps i heaven!

this is my story! I had my first af when i was 15, then had nothing for 13months, so got took for all sorts of tests and all were fine...so i left it at that and figured my body would do its stuff when it was ready! at the age of 17 i met my partner and decided to go on the pill for obvious reasons! about a year and a half later and many different pills that wouldnt agree with my body, i decided enough was enough and it was time for my body to sort its self out! i had nothing at all for TWO whole years, which at the time, really didnt bother me! but then august 2007 my boobs grew for no reason what so ever and my mood has changed...i was sooo happy in myself for once!
i just KNEW that i was pregnant, but being nieve and not having any period for 2years, i thought it wouldnt be possible! i tested 4th october 2007 and to my amazement i had 2 strong lines, i could not believe it! i was 19, going on 20! i had a straight forward pregnancy, first midwife appointment was a few weeks later and she estimated me to be 15weeks (ovbiously couldnt tell how far on i was with missing no period) had my first scan which confirmed i was 13weeks and 2days!
Everything was perfect, and we had her 20week scan a year ago yesterday, again...everything was perfect! it wasnt untill then did i start to enjoy the pregnancy as her daddy wanted me to abort the pregnancy as he wasnt ready to grow up...but thats another story)

4weeks later on the 31st jan i had been to work and had a very stressful night....went home got into bed and woke at 3am with terrible back pains!
i got up and tried to persevere with them as i just thought baby was lying on a nerve or something because i was still getting kicks!
by the time 6am came i couldnt take it no more and headed off to hospital!
once i got there, i just knew that i must have been in labour! midwife did an internal and sure enough i was fully dilated :(
that was at 6.40 am. next thing i knew there were doctors and all sorts around me, i had no medication, my head was in a mess...i just didnt know what was going on! they put the doppler on me and sure enough she was in distress but still alive, they got the ultra sound to see where she was lying and i seen her there with her heartbeating away! she was breech!
ill not go into details, but by 7.33am i had given birth to a beautiful but sleeping princess! i held her for 10mins untill she was took away, meausured, cleaned up and weighed and spent the rest of the day with her! that was the best day and worst day of my life!
we called her sophie and i am so proud that she made me a mammy! i was 24 weeks +6days

after i had sophie my periods became regular for the first time in my llife....i had 3 periods that were 33day cycles, i was over joyed! but the aspect of loosing her had took its toll and i hit the anti depressants!
that was in may and i never had another period till august. and that was my last one!

I got diagnosed with PCOS after using opks and getting positives on them all the time. i had bloods taken for LH which were normal, so i asked for a scan and thats when i was diagnosed! (4th december) so i am glad i now have a reason for having no periods.
i have been referred to a gyne and got my app through for feb 4th, but they wwanted to bring it forward so i am there next week instead.
i started taking agnus castus, red clover, EPO and seven seas hormonal balance 3weeks ago and after having no period for 21weeks, things are starting to work and i think its becuase of the herbal tablets!

i was wondering if stillbirths and PCOS are related?

Love to you all xxxx
Mommy To An Angel

Postby Doobykat » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:17 am

Honestly....

Do hospitals not read your notes?!?!
I've received a letter in the post this morning asking why I didn't turn up for my 12 week dating scan on 30th Dec :shock: :roll:
(Same hospital as the one I went to when I was going through the m/c)
The letter then went on to say that they (the hospital) would be informing my midwife and GP about my failure to turn up...
Let them, is what I say! :P

Liz x x
MM/C Dec 2008 - 10w
MM/C Aug 2012 - 14w
Doobykat

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Loss