Trying again after a loss

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby Nicola1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi,

I'm sat here with tears streaming down my face as I have just read Hope's poem, that really strikes a chord, I will never, ever forget my 3 litle angels.

Haraspace, quite right you have a PMA, it keeps us going. There is an old friend who has just re-joined the TTC thread - Still a Mum, she is a true inspirationan to me and went through the worst time imaginable but she is still trying - we just have to have faith and keep our chins up!

Nicola x
Dec '06 - m/c 17 wks
Sept '05 - m/c 23.5 wks
Sept '04 - m/c 19wks

'If you want the rainbow, sometimes you gotta put up with the rain'

Nicola1

Postby hope07 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi Ladies-Just wanted to copy a post just in case someone hasn't read the original- got my fingerscrossed that this drug will help women suffering a M/C or recurrent M/C.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen/read the news today. It seems like trials are underway relating to the use of steriods to prevent early M/C- and some success has been achieved.
Has anyone been offered this drug or has it been discussed at an consultation?
The trial was run at Liverpool uni- anyone being treated for recurrent M/C in that area?

Sorry for going on, but its a subject that close to my heart x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Hi

Postby tigger77 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi everyone. I had a day yesterday.that i couldnt stop crying. Like i was doin the washing up and burst into tears! I had an early period see my post. Early period advise please. So kinda all over the place.my dp has bean great he asked wat was up whilst holding me.and i cried more. He knew.the day our son died my heart broke u no. I think of him daily.and say goodnite to him as we fall asleep daft eh? We couldnt bury his ashes we have them here at home.we are considering a buriuel.but i dont know if my heart can take it.? Thanks for listening take care from tig
tigger77

Postby tigger77 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi everyone. I had a day yesterday.that i couldnt stop crying. Like i was doin the washing up and burst into tears! I had an early period see my post. Early period advise please. So kinda all over the place.my dp has bean great he asked wat was up whilst holding me.and i cried more. He knew.the day our son died my heart broke u no. I think of him daily.and say goodnite to him as we fall asleep daft eh? We couldnt bury his ashes we have them here at home.we are considering a buriuel.but i dont know if my heart can take it.? Thanks for listening take care from tig ps i hope i dont come across as being odd?
tigger77

Postby hope07 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Tigs- (((HUGS))) you don't come across as being odd at all- You sound like a lady greiving for the loss of her child, and I understand that feeling to some degree. We wouldn't be human if we didn't feel-Take care and time to grieve X

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby hope07 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi Everyone- just wanted to post about a book I'm reading which has really opened my eyes of how pg loss affects men (DP/DH's)

Its called Marley and me- Its basically about a very naughty dog, and his owners.
During the story the owners suffer a MC and the story covers this and TTC after loss- I found it a real in sight into how my DH may have been feeling- Made me cry loads- but the book is generally really funny and if you have a dog you'll love it.

Sticky baby dust to everyone x

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Madeleine » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi guys,

I've only just been diagnosed and I'm only 19 so although I have always wanted a family, I don't want it yet.

I'm posting in here because I just wanted to say how much I admire you all, your stories are so sad but you are so brave and you have gone through so much, I have no idea how you are all so strong, I can't begin to imagine what it's like but I really really hope everything works out for you, you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Madeleine
xxx
Madeleine

Postby kimbo_mac » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi im really sorry for all of you who has had a bad time and good luck to all of you who are ttc, stay positive :) .
I was diagnosed with pcos at 16, Me and my partner have been ttc for nearly 5years. I fell pregnant in April this year after not having a period for 5 months. We were over the moon and really excited. I wasnt having any complications. I went for my first scan about 8 weeks after we found out. It wasnt good news :cry: its strange though because I knew before I went something was wrong. I had a few options of what to do next so I choose to have a DnC. I thought it would be the "easiest" way (if there is one) to deal with it. I Feel awful at the moment as my friend has just had a baby and I havent got mine growing in me any more. I would have been due in december. Does anyone know what the chances of having another "silent miscarriage" would be?
Hope your all well. :)
kimbo_mac

Postby hope07 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Really sorry for your loss-((HUGS))
On the silent miscarriage front, also known as missed miscarriage I'm not sure of the chances of having a second (sorry) I've suffered two mmc's (and 2 natural mc's) No-ones said what the chances are of having a third.
If you ask your GP or consultant they may be able to help.
Take Care

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Hutchisong » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:50 pm

((hugs))

Kimbo - I was told by my doc that 1 miscarriage does not give you any increased chance of having a second one. It is only after 2 that statistically you have an increased chance of another one.
TTC Since Feb 2006
M/C 8th march 08, m/c 20th Sept 08
6th round Clomid Jan 09 - BFP!!! - EDD 09/10/09
Andrew born 10/10/09 - 7lb 3oz
TTC no 2: BFP!!! - edd 20/06/11
Helen born 17/06/11 - 7lb 10oz
TTC no 3: BFP on 30/08/12
Hutchisong

Postby kimbo_mac » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I dont really like going to my doctor, she just seems to fob me off really. I normally get "ohh your so young blah de blah". I havent had any information about pills/treatment, so any information would be much appreciated.
Im glad I found this website! :)
kimbo_mac

Postby hope07 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:26 pm

A good book to have a read at is Miscarraige what every woman needs to know- written by Professor Lesley Regan- Its about £8-99- but answers alot of questions.

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

erm

Postby tigger77 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:23 pm

erm. ok bean on this thread for a while.thank you for all the hugs n support.
ok today day 51.am late for my period.just done preg test and its positive! i just stood there crying for ages.until my partner ask wat i was doin? so i showed him.still cant stop cryin.dont get me wrong im elated.but im so very scared.we consived our roger around this time 06.he died stillborn april 07.so im extremly wobbly.partner is smiling like a cheshire cat.
have docs on monday. partner has gone to make me a cuppa he said is good for shock! thanks for reading take care from tig
tigger77

Postby hope07 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Great news Tigs- congratulations x

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby kelly230977 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Great news Tigs congratulations hope you are getting on well with your pregnancy!!

Hope that poem is beautiful & really touched a nerve!! I'm still waiting for confirmation tomorrow but 90% certain I've just had my 2nd mc!! The 1st was mmc after ivf with twins!! This BFP was a complete shock because I only had OD 3 weeks before & no clomid, short lived though as started bleeding quite heavily.

Just wanted to send (((((hugs))))) to you all xx
Our natural miracle DD Olivia Beth born 14/02/2010 after 3yr ttc. 2mc, 9 cycles clomid, OD and IVF

2nd natural miracle due 7th Nov 2012Image
kelly230977

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Loss