Trying again after a loss

A safe haven for you to discuss losing a pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby purplestar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 pm

That's terrible Liz. :(
Diagnosed '93, Met since March '00 (2000mg/day), Spironolatone & Yasmin (when not ttc)

ImageImage

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
purplestar
Verity Moderator

Postby hope07 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Liz- hospitals! Honestly- I had very similar with my MMC- they kept sending me leaflets for anti-natal classes- scans all sorts- really upset me at the time- Just very thoughtless- Sending you a big hug X
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby debbie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi there - I do pop by every now and then.

Welcome Mommy to an Angel - so sad to read your post. It happens so often and it's just not fair. I don't know about stillbirths and PCOS, sorry I can't be of help.

I don't really know where we are at with ttc?! I have been rather patchy with taking my metformin over tha past wee while and it seems to have mucked up my cycle a little. Och, I don't know what we are planning on doing?

Anyone actively trying just now?

Deb x x x
debbie

Postby SummerJessica » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi all

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post or not. My husband and I are actively trying to conceive just now. I have had 2 miscarriages, both in 2001 and have not TTC since. To be completely honest I am terrified that if I fall pregnant I may miscarry again. I have looked over this board in great detail and there seems to be so many of you that have miscarried several times and I am so worried that I may experience the BFP but lose it weeks later. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but I wondered if any of you feel the same?

When I miscarried, I didn't even know I was pregnant the first time the second time I had done a HPT and it was positive but about 2 weeks later I miscarried again. I know that even 'normal' ladies have miscarriages and often it is because something wasn't just right, but I can't help but feel so worried about the whole thing.

I am 28 and I am doing all I can to make sure I am healthy, still need to lose some weight, maybe 2 stone or so, but I don't drink or smoke and am trying my best, I just wonder if it all be pointless.

Sorry if I am feeling a bit down, I am also full of the flu, so that doesn't help!

My thoughts are with you all that have had a m/c, hopefully we will all go forward to have BFP this year that will stick.

Summer x
My Ovulation Chart

Diagnosed PCOS 2001
2 m/c 2001
No cycles
Clomid 100mg 29/06/10 - OV CD17 prog 43 - BFP 30 July 2010
Beautiful baby boy born 26/03/11
TTC No 2 since 06/11 no OV
Clomid 100mg 27/01/14 -OV CD40 prog 35 - BFP MC 5.1
Clomid 150mg 03/06/14 - No OV
Clomid 150mg CD5-9 22/07/14 - OV CD21 prog 28
OD 27/07/15
Clomid 100mg 27/11/15 BFP - MC 5.4 weeks
Clomid 100mg July 2016 BFP Please be my sticky bean!
SummerJessica

Postby missus griff » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi SummerJessica

So sorry to hear of your losses. I know exactly how you feel about your fears of the same thing happening again. I want to get another bfp, but at the same time I know I would absolutely terrified if I ever do.

One of the main things that keep me going are seeing other ladies on this board who have been through the same thing and have kept trying until they have succeeded. True inspirations.

Sending you lots of hugs and get well wishes. And yes, let's hope we will all get that sticky BFP soon!!!

xx

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]Image[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TTC since Jan 2006
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23cdb0
2nd clomid 100mg BFP...m/c 07/08
5th clomid 100mg BFP...m/c 03/09
6th clomid 100mg BFP...m/c 08/09
Natural BFP...m/c 06/10
8th clomid 100mg - December 2010 BFP! Little Girl born 10th Aug 11
Natural BFP - June 2012! Little Girl born 25th Jan 13
missus griff

my experiences

Postby jacjac » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm

hello me dears, thought i would share my latest MC experience with you. I havent told anyone bar OH quite what happened in April last year

although TTC i had no idea i was pregnant (no AF = no signs!). on way home on bus started getting period pains and though yay, maybe AF soon. got home, realised it wasn't AF and within the next 4 hours I'd had a mini labour all alone on my bathroom floor, passed the sac and alot of pain. then it suddenly stopped. the pain literally disappeared, bleeding stopped. NHS direct were useless and said 'go see your GP' and refused to getme an ambulance as I hadn't taken a preg test :x OH came home to find me near collapse. lcoal hosp wouldnt admit me despite being type 1 diabetic. went home, had dinner.

that evening my friend from abroad who has PCOS and was TTC for 3 years rang - to tell me she was pregnant. i threw the phone into the kitchen wall - dents still there :oops:

next day i went back to work - i am mad. i work in a kids hosp. how i held it together i do not know. OH nearly locked me in the house the next week to make me rest up bless him. what got me was the utter raging hormonal sexual desire/hornyness i had for the next 4 days....i could have ravaged OH every few hours !! :oops:

things take a while to get back to normal in the bedroom, OH is a darling and so good to me, so what has utterly suprised me is my emotional reaction to the MC and subsequent PCOS, hair loss etc. I am a very strong lady, happy, funny, loves music and gigs and bit of a 'bon viveurre' who gets on with life but now even an advert with ababy in sets me off. i guess my head is messed around, but i can cope. i lost both my parents within 3 weeks of each other 2 years back -that plus MCs given me the mental strength to cope with anything now. even a doctor who told me i needed a gastric band not clomid...and that a gastric band would cure my type 1 diabetes..... :twisted:

what makes me laugh is that to top it all, we are back to our normal full on BD'ing and OH goes and gets work where he is 200miles away from home for 4 nights week.... :wink: priceless!

keep positive ladies,

jjx
crikey - BFP - EDD 25 Dec 2011 but will be deliverd 2-3 wweks early, fingers crossed for an amazing Christmas 2011.
jacjac

Postby hope07 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Just wondered if there are any ladies out their TTC after mc or recurrent mc- Be great to have a support thread going?

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby MrsChick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Hope,
A support thread sounds good - I'm sure there are more ladies out there trying again after m/c. Mine was 6 days ago and the only thing keeping me going is the thought of being pregnant again as soon as possible.
Doc said to leave it 4-6 weeks before trying another round of clomid, so I'm treating this time as a natural cycle. Taking agnus castus and will have a couple of follicle tracking scans to see if anything happens naturally. If not, back on the evil clomid rollercoaster.
You must be getting excited about your upcoming ivf cycle - I'll keep everything crossed for you! 8)
MrsChick
MrsChick

Postby loachy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 am

i know that road so well and will always be here for support
IVF BFP Aaron m/c 22wks 9/2/07
IVF BFP Katie & Joshua 29+4 3lb 1 13/9/08
http://aaron-hodnett.gonetoosoon.org
[url=http://counters.families.com]ImageImage
loachy
Verity Moderator

Postby hope07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi All- Well trying my best to stay positive, which is easier said than done whilst down regging it really messes with the hormones- I think my problem is I've suffered so many miscarriages that I find it difficult to think that a BFP will ever end in a healthy baby being born.
When I do fall pregnant I worry constantly until the spotting starts, then ride the rollercoaster of scans and appointments until the miscarriage is confirmed.
Having said this with each new pregnancy I do have the optimisum of new drugs and injections to try, but nothing seems to make any difference.
When the spotting starts I always read stories and share accounts of other verity ladies who've had spotting and everything has turned out fine, but this has never been the case for me...This is why in some ways I'm scared of getting a BFP through my IVF treatement, because if we suffer another loss, I really don't think I've got it in my heart to pick myself up and keep trying. It will four years in April since my first miscarriage, four very long years. My spare room is still a 'spare' room and I've given all the maternity clothes that kind friends gave to me the first time I got pg away to other friends.
Its just so hard, and I really can't describe in words what it feels like. But its almost like the pause button has been pressed on our lives, since our first miscarraige, don't get me wrong we go on holidays and out for meals and go to work every day, but we're not moving forward as our friends have, having a first baby, then a second, then nursey, school, all the firsts the babies and children do.
People forget when they invite us to birthday parties, just how hard it is to be in a room of young children and to be the only grown ups there with none- empty arms.
Or for pregnant friends to moan about being pregnant- i know they've don't mean to hurt me and I would never let on, but they really have no idea of our pain.
Sorry to go on, but once in a while a little cry always does me good I'm sure and its been a while.

This time around we're trying clexane post ET along with progestrone pessaries, 5mg folic acid, and 75mg asparin (oh and 1500mg metformin)- and I'm taking TWW off work, doing nothing but putting my feet up. I think I've got to give myself the best chance possible. (currently 8 days into down regging)

I'm just taking one day at a time at the moment and not looking too far ahead, as there is still so far to go.

Mrs chick- so sorry to hear that you've suffered a mc ((HUGS)). I hope you don't mind me asking but is it your first?- If there's any questions you've got please ask- I'm not a doctor, nurse or other medical proffessional, but being a recurrent mc suffer I've got a lot of personal exsperience.x

Loachy (anne) Thanks for the kind words- being a felow IVF'er I'm sure you must know how I'm feeling. x

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby loachy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:28 pm

yes hope i do know how you feel
IVF BFP Aaron m/c 22wks 9/2/07
IVF BFP Katie & Joshua 29+4 3lb 1 13/9/08
http://aaron-hodnett.gonetoosoon.org
[url=http://counters.families.com]ImageImage
loachy
Verity Moderator

Postby MrsChick » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:00 am

Hope,

It must be so incredibly hard for you right now. You have all my best wishes, support, positive feelings and prayers. You are clearly very strong and you can do this. Every moment of pain will be completely erased when you do finally get your baby. You have to keep believing you will get there.

This was my first m/c - very early at 6 weeks 2 days and so I have lots of unanswered questions - only time will give me the answers though... I'm just wondering how long it will take to get pregnant again (this one took 5 months and 3 cycles of clomid), and terrified that I'll lose another one. I was also wondering if I would actually get pregnant without the clomid in the next couple of weeks while waiting to start the next clomid. I'll be trying anyway.

Hope, I'm sending you lots of hugs and want you to know I'm thinking of you. I have everything crossed for a successful ivf for you.
xx
MrsChick

Postby laurenx » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 am

Hi I had a mc on 13/08, Before then we were just taking it easy with no med intervention.

Since my mc and more of my close friends & family falling pg I am starting to fee desperate and want to try anything!!

AF arrived on sunday which was quite quick as my cycles are usually 50 days plus! this one was around 35.
I was coping very well but this week I have been crying, arguing with my friend and family and trying to pick fights with anyone over the slightest little thing!

when do your homes settle after mc or do U think I am just feeling down?

hope you can help.

Lauren x
TTC since May 08
Diagnosed Dec 08
M/C 7 wks 13/08/09 :(
Taking Sannatogen , docs wont help!!!
BFP 14/03/2010 YAY!
ImageImage
laurenx

Hi

Postby JeanAyala6 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:19 am

I'm sad reading the stories
Jean

edited by MrsB please keep references helpful and relevant, thank you
JeanAyala6

Postby tinakay » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:59 pm

No-one posted on here for a while so I don't know if anyone will read this but we are thinking of TTC again but 'au naturel' - early days I know and some people may think way too early but we have discussed this long and hard over the past 4 or 5 days and think that as we do not have time on our side (I've just turned 36) and don't want to go through IVF again we have to give this our best shot so to speak. How long should we wait???

xx
tinakay

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Loss