just want to know

A place where you can discuss adoption and moving on after the TTC journey

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

just want to know

Postby jen234 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:35 pm

is it just me or everywhere you go there are women with there babies. i am only 20 (21 on the 28th) but am really wanting a baby of my own and i know someday i will settle down and hopefully have children. all my friends from school are either trying for a baby or have had one. One of my best friends has just told me that she is pregnant again and i am happy for her but i am also slightly jelous and i know that is wrong but i can't help it. My other best friend told me that she is trying for a baby with her fiance. i have joined an online dating website that how desperate i am not to end up alone but i haven't really connected with anyone on there, i mean there are a couple of guys but i don't really feel i connect with them if that makes any sense.

anyway thank you for taking the time to read this post.
jen234

Postby Dottywot » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:49 pm

It does seem like that when you want something so badly doesn't it!

Putting on a brave front when friends announce their news, so many mixed emotions going on in your head!

Good luck with the dating website! I met my other half when I least expected it, after years of being the only single girl left in my group of friends!

xx
Diagnosed - 2002
TTC for 5 years - BFP :) March 2008
Metformin - 23 October 2010
Dottywot
Local Group Leader

Postby jen234 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:02 pm

that's me now am the only single one left out of my friends. i do want to have that special someone but i tend to overthink things especially about the way i look so when it comes to meeting guys i do put myself down by asking if they have looked at the picture properly and i know i shouldn't but i have always had confidence and self esteem issues. am sure most of us on here have but i don't know how to conquer them, right now i am trying to loose weight to look better so am hoping that should build my confidence a little.
jen234

Postby looey82 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Hello,
Just wanted to say that at 20, you are in the majority having not found that special someone yet. An awful lot of people haven't found Mr Right by the age of 20!!
Good luck- I hope your Prince charming comes along soon!! xx
TTC Mar 08
Clomid#1 May 09-BFP- MMC at 9+2wks
Natural BFP- Dec 09! Lost baby girl at 18+5 wks due to pPROM
12 clomid cycles & 2 x FSH injections with IUI- BFNs
IVF#1- 25 eggs, 8 fertilised, 1 back + 4 frosties!
IVF BFP- Clexane & prog injections, low dose steroids & aspirin
Aug 12- DS born at 27+5wks after 10 weeks of problems
TTC#2 Nov 13
Mar 14- FET 1 embryo transfered- BFP- early MC
IVF DD born at 34+4wks Apr 2015
looey82

Return to Childlessness