any other childless ladies on here

A place where you can discuss adoption and moving on after the TTC journey

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: any other childless ladies on here

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Yes I expect it has, will be hard times ahead xx
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby ZM » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Really really sorry to hear that wobdot, I could not imagine loosing mine so early (he is 36 too) . You sound like you have had an awful couple of years... I really hope you have a good support network around you xx
Self diagnosed: 1999
Formally diagnosed after much pressure!: 2005
Current regime: Massive amounts of weight bearing exercise, and controlled diet. Have taken/tried Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Marvelon, Accutane. Now on Spearmint, Agnus Castus and low dose Spirinolactone.
ZM

Postby joy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello the last post I wrote I was 42, im now nearly 44 n still childless. If u look at my sig I have had a bfp but all turned out so wrong. Although im still hoping for miracle n probably always will. X
Wobdot Im really saddened to hear ur devastating news. I hope time wilk heal hun xx
I too have 3 cats...all strays which I mother. I also work with adults with learning difficulties which I love n gives me the chance to care n support them xx
Diagnosed infertile(blocked tubes,adhesions) 1992
Ivf x 3 early 90's- mmc triplets & 2bfn
Oct 2011 lap found left tube open!But dont ov
clomid x8 1 molor n 1 ectopic,right tube removed
No more funding due to my age
Natural ov since feb 2013 bfn's
nov 2013 diagnosed hyperplasia
march 2014 decided one last attempt.....ivf!
Scan showed fluid in tube, tube has to clipped before starting short protocl..praying il finally get my miracle at 44 years old!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b92da
joy
Verity Moderator

Postby gillymonkey » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 pm

I just want to give a massive hug to you all.
Diagnosed with PCOS 2008 after changing GP and finally seeing a Doctor that listened.
TTC since Oct 2010
Referred and prescribed Clomid May 2011 but didn't use it or take it further since moved to the USA.
Taking Agnus Castus, Oil of Evening Primrose, Fish Oil and Folic Acid.
Track with BBT and this shows I ovulate but at varying times.
Giving the natural route some time

Natural pregnancy _ Mark David Anthony Born Sept 13 - so in love!
TTC no: 2
gillymonkey

Postby Pathwayfinder » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Just can't believe found all these different stories of people who have ended up finding themselves childless and coping in so many different ways. Hugs to all! I'm 44 and ended up having a miscarriage when I was 34 at 12 weeks, I never got pregnant again despite being with the same husband and not taking any contraceptive. We never quite manage to sort through enough of our own hang ups to get to the point of really decided to look into Fertility treatment and frankly it wasn't something I was going to push before I felt a 100% "yes lets do it" coming from both of us within our relationship. So I am, now 10 years on, having lived through 6 years of physical pain when I was around friends with children and never really told any of them, followed by 2 years of morning that it just wasn't ever going to happen. The last 2 years I've found I have thankfully and generally got to a place of acceptance, the hormones have long calmed down so I don't feel the pain any more and through a couple of friends who have only recently had children I seem to have a second chance to vicariously enjoy being around my friends and their children, something that was never pleasance through my 30's. So why post now? Well I suddenly find myself just simply bored! bored, bored, bored, with being around people with children. It feels like simply hanging around a world that brought nothing much for me but pain and loneliness and now I'm 44 I feel like life is for living, I'm not getting any younger and clearly I have a different life to live than one of motherhood and grandchildren. However, I want to be a good friend to my friends and be there for them, but I also just feel like the last 10 years of my life has been on hold and for what - NOTHING! This is all not helped with Christmas which always involves us dancing around all the other family groups who do have children often literally driving the length and breadth of the country. So I've got to a point where I don't want my life to revolve around other people's family units, it's time for me to build a vibrant and meaningful childless life. Any ideas how to do this while still being their for my friends who do have children?
Pathwayfinder

Previous

Return to Childlessness