Anyone on here who has take decision to stop ttc

A place where you can discuss adoption and moving on after the TTC journey

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Anyone on here who has take decision to stop ttc

Postby beaglelady » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:27 pm

I really do not know at the moment until my appt on Monday when I will find out if I have any chance of keeping a pregnancy already know consultant will say no guarantees but need to know if any drugs/treatments are available.

However I have been thinking that if I had to go through another traumatic miscarriage/surgery it would be my last time of trying. I can't keep putting my body through surgeries have had six in 2 years.

I know I would have to change my job but what worries me is how I would approach it with people who ever asked me about why I didn't have children without getting upset.

Just wondered if any other ladies had to make this decision and how you have coped and moved on.
beaglelady

Postby MsMara » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 am

hi hun, i'm not in that position but i know tatie did and is currently going through the adoption process. She's not on here a lot I don't think but does sometimes come on to update her thread so maybe worth giving her a shout?

Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm really sorry I can't offer any advice. xxxxx
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby Mrs_Boggins » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Sorry to hear that you've had such a traumatic time.

You wouldn't have to be open about the adoption with anyone you didn't want to. Your child would know, but whether they chose to tell anyone would be their choice. So for example your work colleagues would know you had a child but probably no idea that it wasn't biologically yours.

We were looking at fertility treatment and adoption but it looks like adoption is actually our only option. If we get asked why we are adopting our answer will be that we can't have children, IMO even if this isn't technically true it stops further awkward questions.
Mrs_Boggins

Postby tatie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Hey Beagle lady - are you a Verity member? Do you get the in touch magazine? If not, pm me with your e mail address and I'll send you a copy of an article I've written for the next issue which is all about how we made this decision and what's happened to us since.

Take care

Tatie xXx
tatie

Postby beaglelady » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:54 am

Ladies think I might have wored my post wrong

Myself and OH don't want to adopt if we can't have our own child then it is the end of the road. My consultant feels I have been unlucky and feels next time with progesterone and aspirin hopefully I will be ok.

I wanted to know if anyone had had to stop ttc and not wanted to adopt and how they have carried on
beaglelady

Return to Childlessness