Find me a family

A place where you can discuss adoption and moving on after the TTC journey

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Find me a family

Postby hope07 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:37 am

Did anyone see Find me a family on C4?

It followed the story of a single woman who was going through the adoption process to adopt a 7 year old little boy- It was so touching.

OH and me had a 'chat' on holiday and decided that once we've had our 2 iui and 1 ivf on the NHS- enough is enough- and adoption is our next route.
I feel very ready to give up trying but don't want to regret not using my free treatements- and sit back and think what could have been- if we use them at least we'll know.

OH also said that even if we do concieve our own child, we can adopt another (due to my history of MC I've said I won't risk any more if we're ever blessed with one) I found that really touching.

hope everyone is getting on well x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Hols969 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Didnt watch it as thought it would make me cry!!

Agree what you mean about still taking what the NHS have on offer.

I dont know how you stay strong though Hope, maybe good OH helps too. I think you are a wonderful strong lady.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby debbie » Mon May 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello - how you doing?

I fully intended to watch that programme but had a busy week one way or another.

I heard of a local couple who brought home their adopted 8 week old baby daughter on Saturday and I must admit it has made me think a lot about adoption over the past few days. Being adopted myself, I have always had my reservations, but as time goes on it is certainly an option where once it wasn't.

x x x
debbie

Postby Hols969 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 am

Im the other way debbie, Im adopted and wouldnt think twice about adopting a child.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby hope07 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Debbie- How are you Hun? Doing well I hope-

To be honest I'm fed up! Not in a sad way, just fed up with trying and fed up with my life being on hold.
We've decided to do our 2 iui's and the IVF on the NHS- then thats it, and I'm going to go back on the pill and start looking at adoption- people have said to me, why don't we give up, but not use any contraception! They just don't get it, that to me isn't giving up- If/ When our time comes to stop trying, thats what we're going to do- when our decision is made I don't want any BFP's followed by mc's opening old painful wounds- I want to be able to look forward not back- i want to look forward to having a family without the risk of mc, and look forward to the joy of being a Mum-
Sorry to ramble- hope I make sense-

Hope X
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby debbie » Tue May 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Holly - I have mixed feelings on adoption for many reasons but mainly because of first hand experience. I, they would say, am a success story for adoption. I have a wonderful (adoptive) family and couldnt feel more happy. I bracket adoptive because to me they ARE my family. :D On the other hand, my sister has not had a good life from being adopted. She was older and had more difficuties and it is so very hard to see the young woman she has grown up into. I guess what I have to rememeber is that we dont know how any child will grow up (adopted or not!).

Hope - everything you have said makes perfect sense. It is almost a year since my ectopic (28th May :( ) and though we have not actively been trying (cycle all to pot!!), the fact that we HAVEN'T used contraception makes you wonder , am I aren't I could I be or not?! And it is a limbo place to be.

I have no idea what lies ahead for us. We don't really know where to go from here....

Keep in touch!

x x x
debbie

Return to Childlessness