RESEARCH PROJECT - PCOS and online support groups

News and updates on Verity along with media and research opportunities

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

RESEARCH PROJECT - PCOS and online support groups

Postby Lutzomyia » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 am

THIS STUDY IS NOW CLOSED

Dear All,

Please take a few minutes to read this research summary from the University of Nottingham. Ethical approval has been given by the appropriate committee.

Thank you

Tracy Nevatte - Verity Research Officer

Are you interested in contributing to the understanding of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and how internet resources such as support groups like Verity can enhance how women cope with the syndrome?

As part of my post-graduate degree within the University of Nottingham, I am researching the views and experiences of women such as yourself, in using internet-based support groups for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

If you would like to take part and can spare ten-fifteen minutes of your time to respond to an online questionnaire, I would like to hear from you. Participation is completely voluntary and any responses will be both confidential and anonymous.

I am looking for fifty women with PCOS to take part. But even if you don't have a diagnosis, you can still take part if you wish.

You don't need to be a regular poster either - even if you just prefer to look at the discussion forums rather than post yourself, we are still interested in hearing your views.

The link to the online questionnaire can be found here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KF35Mx8

If you have any queries about this research, please e-mail me at:
lwxsh@nottingham.ac.uk

Sarah Holbrey

This research is independent of Verity.
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

STUDY NOW CLOSED

Postby Lutzomyia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:05 am

This study is now closed. Thank you to all who took part.
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Return to News and Announcements