RESEARCH PROJECT - PCOS and eating habits

News and updates on Verity along with media and research opportunities

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

RESEARCH PROJECT - PCOS and eating habits

Postby Lutzomyia » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Dear All,

Please take a few minutes to read this research summary and if you are suitable please follow the link below. Ethical approval has been given by the appropriate committee.

Thank you

Tracy Nevatte - Verity Research Officer

This research study is aiming to explore the psychological impact that PCOS has on a woman's self worth and eating habits. The study will involve the researcher (Vanessa) interviewing participants on a one to one basis. Participants will be asked to complete a questionnaire and asked questions addressing eating habits and self evaluation, based on different times in their lives (before and after being diagnosed with PCOS) to see if there has been any change over time and if so what has affected this. This interview will last approximately 90 minutes.

I am carrying out this research as part of my doctoral thesis at Newcastle University. I am looking to recruit women who have been diagnosed with PCOS who are living in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, Northumberland and Durham. If you would like to participate in this study or to find out more information about the study please contact Vanessa Waggott at v.j.waggott@ncl.ac.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Vanessa Waggott
Trainee Clinical Psychologist
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Return to News and Announcements