RESEARCH PROJECT - online questionnaire about moods and PCOS

News and updates on Verity along with media and research opportunities

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

RESEARCH PROJECT - online questionnaire about moods and PCOS

Postby Lutzomyia » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am

This is now Closed

Dear All

Please take a few minutes to read the research summary below and if you would like to take part, follow the link to the online questionnaire. Appropriate ethics approval has been granted for this research. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for your time

Tracy Nevatte - Verity Research Officer

Anonymous and brief study on nutrition and wellbeing

It is not uncommon for women with Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) to report low mood and insulin resistance. It is possible that the effect of insulin on blood sugar – though relatively harmless - can negatively effect wellbeing, and this could be related to nutritional and lifestyle factors. However little is known about how much mood and blood-sugar issues are related in women with PCOS.

The aim of this study is to assess the degree to which mood and general wellbeing in women with PCOS might be related to nutritional factors indicative of to mildly disturbed blood sugar regulation.

If you are interested in volunteering for this study please click on this linke to complete the short survey http://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_8 ... &SVID=Prod
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:52 pm

This is now closed. We will let you know when we get the results.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to News and Announcements