30TH Birthday Dilemma

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

30TH Birthday Dilemma

Postby Gemjo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm really struggling to think of something to do for my 30th Birthday which is 13th December.

There is so many things against me doing anything:

1, My birthday is 12 days before Christmas
2, It's always cold
3, EVERYONE says "It's too close to Christmas and we/I can't afford it"
4, 29 years and never had a good birthday due to reason number 3
5, I Only have 2 friends. (one is on job seekers and the other is a single mother of 3)
6, I live 50 miles away from family and friends
7, I don't get along with my family (family are also causing problems with my wedding planning)
8, I don't drink Alcohol.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
life is full of endless, relentless, grinding dissapointments!!!
Gemjo

Re: 30TH Birthday Dilemma

Postby Hols969 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Can you get a takeaway at your house or something if everyone is a bit skint or do a spag bol or something cheap? I sort of dont celebrate birthdays too much (especially the 'big' ones because there is always that down feeling when you go up to 30's, 40's that it is a bit depressing). Its better to have a few really good friends than lots in my view!! I dont drink either so am not overly fussed at going to pubs etc as all my mates used to get drunk around me and I was the sober one :-)
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Gemjo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Turning 30 really doesn't bother me. I'm not afraid of it, it doesn't worry me, but I can't even do what you have suggested. I live 50 miles away from everyone none of them drive and I don't drive either. I also live with my mother in law (to be) and she doesn't go out after 5pm (can't even cook a nice meal for me and my partner because she won't leave us alone for an hour) she also hates it when anyone comes to the house... even her own family! There is no way whatsoever anyone I know will come here anyway. I've lived here for 21 months now and I haven't had a single visitor :(
life is full of endless, relentless, grinding dissapointments!!!
Gemjo

Postby Gnomes » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Could you and your other half not have a weekend away somewhere just the two of you and celebrate?

Either combine it with going to see your family and friends, or go somewhere totally different. x
Life may not be the party you expect, but now you're here, you may as well dance!

My Ovulation Chart
Gnomes

Return to Off Topic