Give me strength!

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Give me strength!

Postby Loula » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm sorry to rant but I need to off load, my oh and I are having problems and I'm past knowing what to do! I'm really stressed and catching every bug going round.....at the moment I have a streaming cold and at a guess would say ear infection I'm in agony, I'm also partially death in that ear so it really effects me. .....anyway oh said he would sort the little man out as I'm not well and I can have a rest upstairs, great! I can hear him playing etc and he comes upstairs every now again to make sure I'm ok he's usual self then all of a sudden he switches and I know it's because he's tired but suddenly I get strange looks and he looks like a depressed child and I feel guilty so now he's in bed because he went to bed late and I'm suffering downstairs sorting out little man and doing dinner etc.......

I know it sounds pathetic but it always feels like I take the back seat and funny enough whenever I'm ill he suddenly gets ill to but I know he's fine he's just tired! It happened when I had jack to the night before we came home I was on morphine and in so much pain the next night I was at home doing everything for a screaming baby whilst he laid on the sofa doing nothing because he felt sick!.....Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! X
Loula

Re: Give me strength!

Postby Kasha » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:02 am

Loula sending you lots of love. It must be really hard, and i think when you feel fit enough you should tackle it just by saying how tough you find it to look after Jack when you are poorly.
It does sound like you need to get a few things off your chest with your other half. Not sure how you would do that, sorry, as he doesnt seem like he would be receptive to that.
Hope you're feeling better soon x

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby hope07 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:36 am

I can sympathise x
In our house if I have a cold oh has flu, if I have a head ache oh has a migraine! No matter what's wrong with me he's got it worse!
I just think men aren't made of tough stuff, as for the tired issue (sigh!) my oh is constantly tired but moans at me for going to bed early most nights (9ish) I point out I've not had a full nights sleep in over a year as dd still wakes.
His reply is that he works more hours than me (back to the olde I've got it worse than you syndrome!)

What I'm trying to say is your not on your own huni (((hugs))) x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Loula » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Kasha- thank you, yes there are definitely a few things I want to say but I keep putting it off.....my main worry is the upset with jack. What do you mean by receptive to what I say? X

Hope- I could have written what you said word for word, I feel like I look after two kids, the stress is always on my shoulders because he may work long hours but when he's home that's it, my job doesn't stop I'm constantly mum which is lovely but hard and when I'm constantly having to turn plug sockets off, take out glasses and plates that he leaves on the floor, and lock the chemicals cupboard which he doesn't bother to do its gets a bit much! :roll: x
Loula

Postby ruby_1985 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi hun

Your not alone my hubbie is the same. I'd love for him to walk in my shoes for one day he would soon stop moaning. If he is tired he will just clear off to bed yet recently some nights I have struggled to walk upstairs the pain in my legs have been so bad. He jokes I'll throw a duvet down for u to sleep downstairs which I know he is joking but I know if he felt like that and I'd said that an argument would start.

I think they just don't think

Xxx
ruby_1985

Postby Kasha » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:08 am

Hi Loula, ijust get the imptression from some of your other posts that he wouldnt necessarily listen, sorry if i've got the wrong eend of the stick!
For what its worth, you're definitely not alone. My hubby is fab, can't complain really, but he will take off to bed if he has a migraine, while i generally just take painkillers and have to get on with it. I get up with the kids in the night, but he gets the lie in i have to get up with them in the morning. He mKes up for it in other ways so i try not to be annoyed that its me doing the majority of childcare.
Is tnere any chance that you can just take off for the day with a friend or family member and leave him to it? :)

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Return to Off Topic